Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

thaX

Old August 21st, 2019, 02:01 PM
Azhrei...

It is the difference between a Program and an App. One is a program that begins to have limitations the longer it is out, the other is an Apple creation scheme that has gone beyond the Iphone that can be improved over time by replacing the program in the server or building up the stack. (Games usually have levels added in like Candy Crush)

I can see the App gaining the functionality of the program at some point, but there would need to be some mechanics of the program on the device(s) that the App is used on if it is to be useful for the average user.
thaX is offline   #161 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old August 21st, 2019, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhrei View Post
You'd "love to subscribe"??

I think you're the first person I've even known who thinks paying for something over and over again is better than paying for it once.

But to each their own...
It's the extra features.. real time buffs and debuffs, read off of the characters URL address for our VTT. Group buffs that kind of thing. I don't mind $2/mo ($25/yr) for those features.

If I buy a book, I "own" it in Hero Lab classic, even if I cease to use the VTT friendly aspects of HLO at some point.
Ualaa is offline   #162 Reply With Quote
Jamz

Old August 21st, 2019, 03:57 PM
I think ThaX is on to something there...

Sure, I've paid for things "Once" in Hero Lab Classic but on the other hand, the program has remained static and not user friendly in some aspects (like Touch screens).

If my "subscription" nets me semi-regular updates to the "program", not only improved functionality but additional functionality, then it will be worth it IMO. Of course, only time will tell on this...

It's probably a hard sell right now as people compare HLO straight to Classic, it's not currently offering much... But at GenCon they were showing off some nice beta features, naming GM access to the party characters real time. We should see that stuff soon.

Eventually, passing items around the party, apply group buffs, etc will become much easier in an Online world.

-Jamz

RPTools.net | MapTool Discord Invite

Download Latest MapTool Release | Download Latest TokenTool Release
Jamz is offline   #163 Reply With Quote