>
>
> Also, I set up each custom ability of my class to be only available to
> certain alignments by setting a pre-requisite... However in the window
> to select the abilities all are available, not just the ones that the
> character's prerequisites qualify him for. If you select an ability that
> you don't qualify for there is a validation error, but is there a way to
> gray out the abilities you don't qualify for or otherwise make some sort
> of warning? I notice the Loremaster secrets have req warning messages...
> can't figure that out for my own ability though.

Oops - that's a bug. I'll get that fixed for the next update.

Thanks,

--
Colen McAlister, colen@wolflair.com
Chief Engineer, Lone Wolf Development
Has this been fixed in 1.3? I was juct going through my old class and I noticed the pre-requisite messages are still not showing. The reason I stumbled upon this is because I am trying to code an ability called Magic of Hunger. It allows a wizard to memorize one extra spell of any level they can cast, but on any day they do so they take 1 point of temporary Con damage.

What I was thinking of doind, although I am not sure it is possible, is set up some sort of script in the custom ability that says "ignore the first validation error coming from the selection of too many spells on the wizard panel." and then "If the validation error is being ignored, apply -1 temporary damage to Con". Is there any way to script the ignoring of a validation error from a specific source? if not, how do you suggest I impletment the ability?
Lawful_g is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 9th, 2007, 10:45 PM
I tried that just now Lazarus, no luck
Lawful_g is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
lazarus

Old December 9th, 2007, 10:57 PM
What phase are you doing it in? I've found that it's very finicky to when it goes: I suspect if you try it in the Final phase, you'll see the bonus adding in. Hm. I see you've already got it going in the Final ... perhaps the tag isn't correct?

Laz

Beware the JabberOrk
lazarus is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
lazarus

Old December 9th, 2007, 11:17 PM
One option you could use is to take a look at the xml files for something that has "while shield is equipped" checked.

Also, mind if I muck about with your script a bit? Here's something that's more efficient:

Code:
var bonus as number

bonus = #hasfeat[fShieldFoc] + #hasfeat[fGrShieldF] ~ is a 1 if one of them, 2 if both

~ NOTE: this is going to add the number of Shield Focus feats in.  This is non-SRD stuff :p

if (hero.tagis[Hero.EquipShld] <> 0) then
 hero.child[ArmorClass].field[tACShield].value += bonus
endif
The above works for me.

Laz

Beware the JabberOrk
lazarus is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old December 10th, 2007, 12:55 AM
Thanks Lazarus, by all reason that should work. I just tried it out myself but it is not working exactly correctly.

When I enable debugging and click View - Show Selection Fields - Armor Class it breaks down the different sources of AC change, and it shows when I equiq a heavy shield the Shield bonus as +3, but the normal AC and Flat footed AC still only recieve +2. Very wierd. I added 2 extra lines

hero.child[ArmorClass].field[tAC].value += bonus
hero.child[ArmorClass].field[tACFlat].value += bonus

and now it works. Thanks for all your help, you know it's always the little things that mess me up.
Lawful_g is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old December 10th, 2007, 01:51 AM
Is there a way to multiply in this programing language? Like say I wanted to double a creatures base land speed when adding a template, how would I code that?
Lawful_g is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 10th, 2007, 05:53 AM
Here's a script I got to work for 1/2 movement:

Timing: Final/10000
~Spd/2
hero.child[Speed].field[tSpeedMod].value = hero.child[Speed].field[tSpeedMod].value/2
Mathias is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
huntercc

Old December 10th, 2007, 08:59 AM
To double the movement just use:

hero.child[Speed].field[tSpeedMod].value = hero.child[Speed].field[tSpeedMod].value*2
huntercc is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old December 10th, 2007, 01:10 PM
Thanks for the help with the Speed doubling, now I know multiplication is * and division is /. I ended up doing it differently though, the script I used is
~ Double our Base speed
hero.child[Speed].field[tSpeedMod].value = hero.child[Speed].field[tSpeed].value

Which doesn't seem like it should work to me, because in the help files it says tSpeedMod is the final modified speed for the hero... but actually it seems to be the final modifier that is added to the base speed.
Lawful_g is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old December 10th, 2007, 01:20 PM
Now another question, how do you replace one tag with another? I am adding an ability that negates encumberance, and the script I am trying is :

var result as number
if (hero.tagis[Encumbered.Medium] = 0) then
result = hero.assign[Encumbered.Light]
elseif (hero.tagis[Encumbered.Heavy] = 0) then
result = hero.assign[Encumbered.Light]

My hero is still showing medium encumberance, and his Dex bonus to AC is reduced. I think the problem is that although the Light encumberance tag is being assigned, the Medium or heavy tags are still there and overriding it.... I am aware of the hero.assign command, but is there an opposite to this that removes the tag? I tried "hero.disable" and "hero.remove" though neither worked.

An alternate method may be to fiddle with the encumberance table and set the Light encumberance for the hero to some insanely high weight, or if there is a way to override the max Dex bonus to AC due to encumberance that is also peachy. Again, don't know how to do either of these things.
Lawful_g is offline   #40 Reply With Quote