Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Kendall-DM
Spy

Old November 9th, 2011, 02:44 PM
I've got two questions that would improve the display on-screen dramatically if I can accomplish it.

Is there a way to remove the replaced class abilities in the level list so they don't display?

I've got Hide from Class Abilities Mouseover checked, but those abilities are still appearing in my class mouseover list. Is there a way to remove abilities from showing on the class abilities mouseover that I'm missing over and above that checkbox?
Kendall-DM is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 9th, 2011, 03:02 PM
Leaving them greyed out is the design intent - that way, the user knows what options they gave up in taking the variant class - if they look at the Special tab and think "I'm 5th level, shouldn't I have ability X?", they can look on the class tab and see "Oh yeah, I replaced that ability".
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 9th, 2011, 03:09 PM
The mouseover it's referring to is the large star at the top right of the class tab. There isn't a way to exclude things from the list itself - every class special whose SpecSource tag matches the class will be there.
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old November 9th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Actually, the Special Ability custom ability choice does not appear on the list, and it has the Hide from Class Abilities Mouseover checked, so there is precedent. I just don't know how it is doing it, outside of that checkbox.

EDIT: Nevermind, you are right. I was looking at my version of the Rogue which removed those abilities. D'oh!
Kendall-DM is offline   #4 Reply With Quote