Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 13th, 2017, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dami View Post
SC: I've got my Race.Elf tags active (instead of Race.rElf) for allowed race which lets my Half-Elf test character choose such a Deity - but they aren't able to choose a "Human" deity the same way.
I am sorry I am not following this.

Quote:
It looks like the hero only has a human subtype tag.
Um d20 has no subtypes or even types yet. So what do you mean by subtype tag?

Quote:
Have I missed something or do I have to put "Half-Elf" as allowed race on all my Human deities? (Or subtype Human as well as Human)
You could make up a custom tag that your half-elf and human pushed to Hero and then check for that custom tag in a pre-req script.

But otherwise you would need to have your new Deity allow both Human and Half-Elf because those are 'separate' things from the point of view of d20.

Quote:
Secondly, is there is a way to sort the Deities by "Race" or "Deity category"?
Nope.

I will double check the "tag" stuff when I get home and see if have any other solutions.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #81
Dami

Old January 13th, 2017, 03:28 PM
What you didn't follow was from a post of yours nearly a year ago - don't worry about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
you would need to have your new Deity allow both Human and Half-Elf because those are 'separate' things from the point of view of d20.
Okay - that looks like the best/easiest way of doing things. I'll have to do the same for Half-Orcs.

My comments of the Race tags/types/subtypes were what I could see on the Hero through Debugging - Show Hero tags. Not important as long as I have a way to work forward - which I do. ...and alpha-sorted Deities it is then.
Again - thanks for all the work you did to get this set up and for the quick reply.
Dami is offline   #82
Sendric

Old January 13th, 2017, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Um d20 has no subtypes or even types yet. So what do you mean by subtype tag?
There are type and subtype tags in the community set. I imagine that is where he is getting them from.

As a side note, now that the race tags are available from core, I need to look into whether or not community race tags (ie Race.rElf) are necessary. This is a project for the future though as it's pretty low priority.
Sendric is offline   #83
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old January 18th, 2017, 10:30 AM
With the new spells, I've come across a bit of a problem. If I choose to create a scroll with an acid arrow (2nd level spell) on it, it only gives me the choice of Caster Level 4th (same as a sorcerer, because the spell is both a sorcerer and a wizard spell). Can we free up the incrementer so that it also decrements in these cases?
Kendall-DM is offline   #84
ShadowChemosh

Old January 18th, 2017, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall-DM View Post
With the new spells, I've come across a bit of a problem. If I choose to create a scroll with an acid arrow (2nd level spell) on it, it only gives me the choice of Caster Level 4th (same as a sorcerer, because the spell is both a sorcerer and a wizard spell). Can we free up the incrementer so that it also decrements in these cases?
The bug I need to is fix is the CL is off by 1. A level 1 wand should have CL 1 but it shows 2. A 2nd level spell is minimum 3 not 4.

I will get that fixed in the next release. Sorry!

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #85
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old January 20th, 2017, 08:26 PM
Noticed another thing that I hadn't noticed before the change to the spells A-D. Everything shows up fine in the selector for spells and the spell list on the class tab, but the spells tab does not show any of the spells for 1st and up for the spells A-D.

Not sure why we didn't notice that before, but to be honest, I must have just assumed if they showed up in the class tab, they also showed up in the spells tab.

Seems like a pretty major bug, unless I'm missing something.

Thanks!
Kendall-DM is offline   #86
ShadowChemosh

Old January 20th, 2017, 09:12 PM
Quote:
Noticed another thing that I hadn't noticed before the change to the spells A-D. Everything shows up fine in the selector for spells and the spell list on the class tab, but the spells tab does not show any of the spells for 1st and up for the spells A-D.

Not sure why we didn't notice that before, but to be honest, I must have just assumed if they showed up in the class tab, they also showed up in the spells tab.

Seems like a pretty major bug, unless I'm missing something.

Thanks!
Ummm what? I just made a level 1 wizard and added some A and C spells. I then memorized Alarm and Animate Rope. These spells show on every tab, Wizard and Spell. I then printed and the spells showed again.

Can you provide more details? Cause I can't duplicate the issue so far...

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #87
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old January 20th, 2017, 10:17 PM
Ahhh, ok.

It's pre-existing portfolios that won't have them. New ones will, and if I remove, then re-add a spell, it shows up on the pre-existing stuff. So, the workaround is to remove and re-add at this point.

Thanks!
Kendall-DM is offline   #88
Sendric

Old January 21st, 2017, 06:05 AM
Quote:
Ahhh, ok.

It's pre-existing portfolios that won't have them. New ones will, and if I remove, then re-add a spell, it shows up on the pre-existing stuff. So, the workaround is to remove and re-add at this point.

Thanks!
This is caused by the older spells being the ones with the "Helper.Obsolete" tag on them. Your old portfolios have the old spells, which is why they aren't showing up in the spells tab. The "fix" here is actually removing the old version of the spell and replacing it with the new one.
Sendric is offline   #89
ShadowChemosh

Old January 21st, 2017, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Ahhh, ok.

Thanks!
I should fix that. I fixed them to display on the printed character sheet. Forgot about the Spell tab. Obsolete spells should still show on the Spell tab. Sorry...

But yeah the work around is to remove and simply re-add the spell. Besides you get the better updated ones then too.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #90
Closed Thread