Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - 4th Edition

Notices

MagicSN

Old January 19th, 2013, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaritan View Post
So, can somebody direct me to where the DDI Downloader should be on Win7? It's been a *long* time since I've looked for it... thanks!

EDIT: Never mind! Realized going through Hero Lab is the way to go!
C:\ProgramData\Hero Lab\data\4e
MagicSN is offline   #41 Reply With Quote
Wolfwalker527

Old April 17th, 2013, 01:01 AM
I am having issues with the DNDInsider downloads as well. I have a laptop with a 3rd Gen I7 processor and am using a 3.0 MB DSL connection. My download has been going for over 168 hours straight now. (I do have a DNDI subscription) and it is not done yet. This is the 2nd try. The first try ran for over 96 hours and then Microsoft decided to reboot my PC for an update, so I had to start over. All I am getting is the !. I checked the Output.txt (which is currently over 6.6 MB in size with numerous lines of !Downloading (url location for each section) Subscriber page encountered unexpectedly. and then after several lines of this will be one stating !done. Then it repeats for the next section. Since I am (eventually) getting a !done in each section, does this mean that it managed to get all the files in that section, or have I wasted over 7 days straight of downloading only have to rinse and repeat? Isn't there some other way of getting the files and can the downloader be updated to include the ability to check for teh files you already have and just download the new ones instead of having to re-download the whole thing all over again?
Wolfwalker527 is offline   #42 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 7th, 2013, 12:42 PM
Hi Wolfwalker,

It sounds like the downloader is getting lots of error pages from the server. Are you sure the username and password you entered was correct? If you use that username and password to log into the D&D Compendium normally, can you see the content there properly?

Typically, if the downloader takes anything approaching a day to download, something is wrong.
Colen is offline   #43 Reply With Quote
miatamaniac

Old July 26th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Hi all, I'm definitely a rookie here. I've been spending a lot of time researching the particular problem I have been having with the ddidownloader and have so far come up short on all aspects. I have read the other problems here and am a bit worried about the problem that I am experiencing considering I can't even get the ddidownloader to properly initialize the full download, which brings me to my problem:

I have access to a subscription of D&D Insider that I can log into and browse all the tools that are available. I can create characters using their builder, search the compendium database, etc. However, whenever I run ddidownloader (as an admin) and select option 2 (I have a D&D Insider Account) and I enter my user name and password, I am repeatedly told that my credentials cannot be found and that either my username and/or password do not match. It then forces me to quit the downloader program. Am I doing something wrong, or is this a new issue that has yet to be ironed out?

Also, I CAN download the information as a non-DDI subscriber, but every single item in HL along with most every class and other "choose-able" options in HL are listed as "no description" and have no output values. So a Bastard Sword or a Great Axe have no damage value, weight, properties, etc. and the classes have no pertinent information on hit points and other key details. It's as if all the DDI data files contain no information.

I appreciate any and all help that can be given here. If this was posted incorrectly, I do apologize. As I said, I'm still learning.
miatamaniac is offline   #44 Reply With Quote
NuclearPotato

Old August 19th, 2013, 12:22 PM
Hi. I'm having trouble downloading the Compendium output for 4E. At the moment I am registered as a paying DDI Insider customer. I'm using Hero Lab on the Mac. Here is the Terminal output:

Code:
Connecting to server...
Login succeeded.
Retrieving deity index... done.
Retrieving skill index... done.
Retrieving ritual index... done.
Retrieving item index... done.
Retrieving class index... done.
Retrieving race index... done.
Retrieving paragonpath index... done.
Retrieving epicdestiny index... done.
Retrieving feat index... done.
Retrieving power index... (page 1/5) done.
Retrieving power index... (page 2/5) done.
Retrieving power index... (page 3/5) done.
Retrieving power index... (page 4/5) done.
Retrieving power index... (page 5/5) done.
Retrieving background index... done.
Processing deity index... done.
Processing skill index... done.
Processing ritual index... done.
Processing item index... done.
Processing class index... done.
Processing race index... done.
Processing paragonpath index... done.
Processing epicdestiny index... done.
Processing feat index... done.
Processing power index... done.
Processing background index... done.
Downloading approx. 133 deity entries...
.....................................................................................................................................done.
Downloading approx. 17 skill entries...
.................done.
Downloading approx. 357 ritual entries...
.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................done.
Downloading approx. 3716 item entries...
................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Trace/BPT trap
logout

[Process completed]
Any ideas on what's going on?
NuclearPotato is offline   #45 Reply With Quote