Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Closed Thread

BenT1

Old September 1st, 2010, 06:59 PM
I also would like to see soon.

1) An formatable character sheet. WITH the Concentration Check number on it.

2) A Stat Block printout choice.

3) The ability to shift focus on the summary panes with slider for smaller screens.

4) Tactical console gets very slow/crashes in big combats. (The SAVE button is your friend ) It can take upwards of 5 seconds or more to move from the active character to the next character. (Dual Core 3200 amd with 3 megs memory)

5) The ability to turn off weight of containers and/or items in the Adjustments/Gear/Weapons/Armor tabs. This to simulate characters dropping backpacks, weapons, shields, etc. in combat. I.E. we have a military campaign and tend to carry Med loads getting places, but drop the backpack 'o stuff to get to the light load for combat.
BenT1 is offline   #11
Thazar

Old September 1st, 2010, 07:20 PM
I make a "Custom Location" on the gear tab and label it ground. You can then select a backpack or whatever and store in on the "ground" to drop the weight.
Thazar is offline   #12
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 1st, 2010, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenT1 View Post
1) An formatable character sheet. WITH the Concentration Check number on it.
Check out THIS post about the concentration issue. It maybe what you are looking for.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #13
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 1st, 2010, 09:19 PM
Quote:
2) A Stat Block printout choice.
File...Output Active Hero Summary
Mathias is offline   #14
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 2nd, 2010, 01:35 PM
Quote:
4) Tactical console gets very slow/crashes in big combats. (The SAVE button is your friend ) It can take upwards of 5 seconds or more to move from the active character to the next character. (Dual Core 3200 amd with 3 megs memory)
We're wrapping up work on an maintenance update to Hero Lab right now. In this update, we've identified and fixed a few crash issues, plus we've improved performance of the Pathfinder data files by a factor of about 5! So the speed should dramatically improve shortly.

As for the crashes, if you haven't reported them to technical support, please do so. That way, we can make sure that we've fixed them in the next update.
rob is offline   #15
Dragnmoon

Old September 2nd, 2010, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
File...Output Active Hero Summary
Which is not a Print out Choice... So Please stop pointing it out as so...

I want the Ability to Just print out Stat Blocks from Hero Labs..

The Active Summary is Useful for example for Obsidian Portal, But Currently you can not Print out just a Stat block from Hero Labs.. This should be standard function for a Character Generator.
Dragnmoon is offline   #16
Thazar

Old September 2nd, 2010, 06:25 PM
While this is not exactly what you are looking for you can export the portfolio as stated and save it to a text file. This can then be printed. It is an extra step... and removing that step would be of help. It is a method that will let you print a stat block from Hero Lab without a lot of effort or programing.
Thazar is offline   #17
Dragnmoon

Old September 2nd, 2010, 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thazar View Post
While this is not exactly what you are looking for you can export the portfolio as stated and save it to a text file. This can then be printed. It is an extra step... and removing that step would be of help. It is a method that will let you print a stat block from Hero Lab without a lot of effort or programing.
It is nice and useful... But.. It is not what I was asking..

This thread is about requesting capabilities to be added.. and one of the thing I am requesting is the ability to print the stat blocks from herolabs with out going through that extra steps.

I am surprised it is not already there.. It should be a Standard feature in any Program like this..

As a Character Generator I am finding this tool very useful, But for monsters and NPCs Herolab has a lot it still needs to work on to that well.
Dragnmoon is offline   #18
shadestemple

Old September 5th, 2010, 06:07 AM
1)I agree with a previous, a 'drop' option for gear/weapons/etc but until then I will use the suggested 'custom location'.

2) Like the conditions I like to see a 'check box' for Fighting Defensively and Total Defense. Can I make custom Conditions until then? Though temp mod will also work for now too.

3) Also I like to see a sliding scale 'check box' for Power Attack and Combat Expertise but until then I will happily use Temp Mod feature.

I do want to say that program is great for making characters and I finally used it at a game and it was great. It made things a lot easier for me. I recommend Hero Lab all the time.
shadestemple is offline   #19
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old September 5th, 2010, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadestemple View Post
1)I agree with a previous, a 'drop' option for gear/weapons/etc but until then I will use the suggested 'custom location'.

2) Like the conditions I like to see a 'check box' for Fighting Defensively and Total Defense. Can I make custom Conditions until then? Though temp mod will also work for now too.
The editor is very powerful and allows you to create your own stuff including Conditions. See the links in my signature to two websites that host community created add ons. At the d20pfsrd link in the Misc. folder their pf_Adjustments that has a bunch of additional conditions and spells. It does not yet have The Fighting Defensively and Total Defense. Though that is not a bad idea to add...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadestemple View Post
3) Also I like to see a sliding scale 'check box' for Power Attack and Combat Expertise but until then I will happily use Temp Mod feature.
Not following this one as their is NO sliding scale for these feats in Pathfinder. They are either ON or OFF.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #20
Closed Thread