Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 22nd, 2017, 07:58 PM
OK, let's start making a list of changes we'd like to see in the Deadlands: Reloaded file...

1. First and foremost, re-factor and clean up what's there, allowing it to use all of the functionality that's been added since the file was originally created.

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Fantasy Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old June 23rd, 2017, 04:23 AM
Adding sources to it for the later add-ons, like "Last Sons", "The Flood" and "Stone and a Hard Place".

Under your header of added functionality I'm going to assume that includes the fixes put in for Harrowed in the other Deadlands settings, but if not I'd certainly include that on the list.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old July 8th, 2017, 11:55 PM
Well, The Flood is easy. I ran that. I have the material for Last Sons, but not Stone and a Hard Place. I worked a bit today on updating the Deadlands file. I added The Flood, since I had that data already in a file of my own, it just needed a bit of updating.

_
_
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
CapedCrusader is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Twowolves

Old July 11th, 2017, 07:15 PM
Ammo tracking would be nice under the "in play" tab.

The ability to add or subtract money less than whole dollars under the "journal" tab.

Hexslingers!!

Not all of the powers are properly restricted by Arcane Background (Hucksters should not have access to Smite, for example).

Just off of the top of my head
Twowolves is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
jfrazierjr

Old July 12th, 2017, 05:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twowolves View Post
Ammo tracking would be nice under the "in play" tab.

The ability to add or subtract money less than whole dollars under the "journal" tab.
I am pretty sure the former won't be done. The entire "money" system is built upon integers which don't allow fractions/decimal from what i understand. It would have to be something built into the base Savage Worlds game files from the ground up and I get the feeling that this would be an immense amount of work to add in the support without much real benefit.
jfrazierjr is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old July 12th, 2017, 05:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrazierjr View Post
I am pretty sure the former won't be done. The entire "money" system is built upon integers which don't allow fractions/decimal from what i understand. It would have to be something built into the base Savage Worlds game files from the ground up and I get the feeling that this would be an immense amount of work to add in the support without much real benefit.
Really? I know CC at one point in the bug reports thread wrote:
Quote:
BTW - "Journal can't add fractions of money"

This will be in the quick fix. It's a float number now.
Which I guess I thought implied fractional values should be capable of being displayed. I know it's been on the requested features list for a long time, though.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
jfrazierjr

Old July 12th, 2017, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarlor View Post
Really? I know CC at one point in the bug reports thread wrote:

Which I guess I thought implied fractional values should be capable of being displayed. I know it's been on the requested features list for a long time, though.
Well.. I GUESS I did not understand what he said in a different place(possibly from a search and going back a while). Not out of the ordinary though.
jfrazierjr is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old July 12th, 2017, 08:27 AM
Well, based on that quote I'm just assuming, but we all know what it means to assume anything. :/

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Coming Eventually
zarlor is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old July 13th, 2017, 02:55 PM
The money thing is fixed in the next update. I'm doing the package testing right now. It turned out not to be so quick because I'm including the Interface Zero changes as well.

_
_
CapedCrusader is offline   #9 Reply With Quote