Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Portilis

Old February 26th, 2015, 12:06 PM
Is there any way to differentiate between two minions added from the same pick? So if I have two of the same adjustment and want to use a script to assign something to the one created by the adjustment the script is in, can I differentiate which one? Due to the fact that it is the same adjustment being added twice, the minion's unique id field is the same.

I'm currently trying to use this.minion[id].assign[group.tag], but as soon as I add a second copy of the adjustment, the linkage appears to break and the tags aren't assigned to either of the minions.

I could understand it more if they were being all randomly assigned to one of the two, but disappearing entirely is confusing me!
Portilis is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Portilis

Old February 26th, 2015, 12:08 PM
On a side note, I think this'll be the last item I need to ask about for this - I need it to make the adjustments non-unique, otherwise they are mostly up and running other than the data entry.
Portilis is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Portilis

Old February 26th, 2015, 12:14 PM
Hmm...further to this, I just noticed something.

When I have neither of the two minions selected, the first one shows hp as if it has the race being bootstrapped properly.

When I select that one, the other minion gets the hp listed instead, and no race shows on the one selected.

When I select the second, the first minion gets the hp listed again, and no race shows on the second.

So it does seem to be assigning them to one randomly, but always the one that isn't selected...
Portilis is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 26th, 2015, 12:19 PM
I have never used multiple minion options bootstrapped from the same pick. I didn't realize that was even allowed, so I think all of this is the parts of multi-minion that HL doesn't support.
Mathias is online now   #4 Reply With Quote
Portilis

Old February 26th, 2015, 12:55 PM
It isn't from the same pick, but if you take the same thing twice (for instance buying two horses, or in the case in question if you wanted to take the same adjustment twice to get two different minions)?
Portilis is offline   #5 Reply With Quote