Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 19th, 2010, 12:24 AM
I am wondering if I am doing something wrong.

I've created some Deadlands:Reloaded characters, and assigned them some gear. A lot of the gear is in saddlebags, which are on the horses. The problem is that the program is counting everything the horse is carrying as encumbrance for the character. I've got everything assigned to it's proper container (items in saddlebags, saddlebags on horses) and I think it's also counting the saddle, which is also obviously on the horse.

I tried computing the actual encumbrance, but there's nowhere to adjust the weight of anything. Even the custom gear has no apparent way to assign a weight value, so I can't create a phantom item with negative weight to offset the extra weight.

This is for a convention next weekend, and I've got another set of characters I'm creating for another game (Not Deadlands:Reloaded, but still Savage Worlds...). Help!
CapedCrusader is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 19th, 2010, 12:30 AM
OK, I found an older thread titled "Gear on my horse still encumbers my chap" that talks about a work-around for this, but I can't copy the link...
CapedCrusader is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 19th, 2010, 03:08 PM
It sounds like there is a bug in the horses for the DR files. I just verified and the original bug in the horses is definitely fixed within the core SW data files. So you should not encounter this issue for the non-DR characters you need.

If the DR author copied and adapted the original horses (with the bug) for use within DR, then that bug will still exist in those files even though they've been fixed in the core files now. So you'll need to either get the author to fix those files or make the fix yourself.

If you can edit the actual DR files, the solution is quite easy. Open the data file containing the horses (it's called "thing_gear.dat" in the core files). Then locate each horse thing. If you're editing the file as a text file, change the "thing.holder" tag to "thing.holder_top". In the Editor, you do this via the "Container Behavior" selection for each thing.

Hope this helps....
rob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote