Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

CapedCrusader
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 28th, 2017, 01:10 AM
Actually, Colen showed me a really slick way of doing it with a single line at the start, no endif line needed:

Code:
doneif (field[abilActive].value = 0)
That's why's he's the head engineer...

_
Currently In Development: Savage Pathfinder
Future Development: SWADE Super Powers Companion, SWADE Fantasy Companion
_
Currently Running: Savage Unity Inc. (homebrew multiverse theme)
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
Future Setting Files: Savage Judge Dredd
CapedCrusader is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old March 28th, 2017, 01:11 AM
Also, I'm in con prep mode this week... Gamestorm is this coming up weekend.

_
_
Setting Files Supported: Deadlands: Reloaded, Flash Gordon, Gaslight, Hellfrost, Interface Zero 2.0, Seven Worlds, Slipstream, Solomon Kane
CapedCrusader is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old March 28th, 2017, 06:09 AM
Enjoy the con, CC.
Paragon is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old March 28th, 2017, 08:33 PM
So, this is going to be a strange question: does the Editor just automatically sort edges with bootstrapped weapons and armor into that category? I was going ahead and updating a copy of my .user file in prep for the changeovers, and I realized I have no idea how it knows to put them there.

Or is this one of those things I'm overthinking, and it'll address itself when the special edge category goes away?
Paragon is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old March 29th, 2017, 04:36 PM
I'm not sure I understand the question, Paragon. What category? There's no auto-shuffling of things, though. Or do you mean the EdgeWep compset? In which case, no, CC mentioned in his first post that once the changes are in place we can revert all of the EdgeWep edges back to being just good old Edges. The update has to be done first, though, because if you changed them back now you'd run into errors in your file.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old March 30th, 2017, 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarlor View Post
I'm not sure I understand the question, Paragon. What category? There's no auto-shuffling of things, though. Or do you mean the EdgeWep compset? In which case, no, CC mentioned in his first post that once the changes are in place we can revert all of the EdgeWep edges back to being just good old Edges. The update has to be done first, though, because if you changed them back now you'd run into errors in your file.
Its the EdgeWep thing; I was going to revert it in a separate file so I didn't have to do it later.

The problem is, looking over at the code, I can't figure out how to revert it; I couldn't even figure out what was telling it to an EdgeWep rather than just an Edge. I'm apparently blind if there's something there.
Paragon is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
zarlor

Old March 30th, 2017, 09:28 AM
If you look at the xml file (it's not something you see in the Editor, expect that these are in a separate tab) you will find there is a setting for compset="EdgeWep" as opposed to compset="Edge" as is used for standard Edges. If you are looking in the Editor the EdgeWep Edges are the ones on the tab called "Edge With Bootstrapped Weapons/Armor".

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old March 30th, 2017, 11:18 AM
It was in the xml file where I couldn't find it. I suspect because its on the same line as the thing id rather than on a line of its own.
Paragon is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
Paragon

Old May 2nd, 2017, 01:14 PM
Okay, as my other thread may indicate, I'm now a little confused; wasn't this the update where the old EdgeWep things and the like were no longer supposed to work? As my post in my other thread will indicate, while my updated Broken Earth user file is working, it won't open in the editor, while the old file not only will open, it seems to still work.

Have I misunderstood something here?
Paragon is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
CapedCrusader

Old May 2nd, 2017, 01:42 PM
Curious. What do you mean, won't open in the editor? EdgeWep still exists, it just isn't used anymore.

_
_
CapedCrusader is offline   #30 Reply With Quote