Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

roddsteele

Old August 6th, 2018, 05:06 PM
Do I need to purchase Hero Labs Online if I already have Hero Labs to use 2.0 or Starfinder?
roddsteele is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old August 6th, 2018, 05:48 PM
Yes, if you want to use HLO (beyond what the Demo lets you do) then you need to purchase it and whichever game systems or other materials you want to use with it. Your desktop Hero Lab purchases have nothing to do with HLO.

Parody is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
roddsteele

Old August 6th, 2018, 06:02 PM
Thanks Parody!
roddsteele is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
vardeman

Old August 6th, 2018, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
Yes, if you want to use HLO (beyond what the Demo lets you do) then you need to purchase it and whichever game systems or other materials you want to use with it. Your desktop Hero Lab purchases have nothing to do with HLO.
Well, eventually when (if) games are on both HLC & HLO, the content you've purchased will be available on both.
vardeman is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old August 6th, 2018, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vardeman View Post
Well, eventually when (if) games are on both HLC & HLO, the content you've purchased will be available on both.
I'm only concerned with what's available at the present time. We'll cross that bridge (and learn the toll for doing so) if/when it happens.

Parody is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
flyteach

Old August 7th, 2018, 04:12 AM
If you already have Starfinder, HLO for Playtest is currently free. I don't know if it's free if you haven't purchased Starfinder, but I'm thinking so. If you only want to use Pathfinder Playtest, you should not currently have to purchase any online material or access.
flyteach is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
bruuuuuu

Old August 7th, 2018, 06:38 AM
Strange. I had to purchase the playtest before I could use it. Maybe I missed something? Regardless, I'll likely be using PF2E when the playtest completes, if only for organized play, so the automatic conversion into the release version of the rules justifies the purchase.
bruuuuuu is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old August 7th, 2018, 07:19 AM
It's not free; you're limited to what the Demo version of HLO allows you to do. (Notably, you can only have one level on your character.)

Parody is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Unikatze

Old August 7th, 2018, 08:41 AM
Hi.

I'm trying to try out the playtest demo, and it's saying I should log in with my current account. I have only HL Classic for pathfinder and it won't let me log in with it. Says my account doesn't exist.

Do I need to create a new account?

How does it work?
Unikatze is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
wheredoigo

Old August 7th, 2018, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unikatze View Post
Hi.

I'm trying to try out the playtest demo, and it's saying I should log in with my current account. I have only HL Classic for pathfinder and it won't let me log in with it. Says my account doesn't exist.

Do I need to create a new account?

How does it work?
Yes, you will need to login with your Realm Works account (if you have one) or create a new account. HLO accounts are not connected to your HLC account. Hope this helps.
wheredoigo is offline   #10 Reply With Quote