Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 21st, 2017, 01:53 AM
No problems here!
rob is offline   #51 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old January 21st, 2017, 04:29 AM
New version up as of this morning. Please see the first post in this thread.
EightBitz is offline   #52 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old January 21st, 2017, 04:51 AM
Oops. Accidentally left the text for numbered lists as red instead of black. I just updated the main.css file on github. If you've already downloaded it you, can redownload it or just edit the main.css file, look for the "Numbered Lists" section, and change the color from "red" to "black".
EightBitz is offline   #53 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old January 21st, 2017, 01:37 PM
Just had a really cool idea. The organizational abilities of Realm Works + my conversion script = the ability to write and organize documentation that can be instantly converted to HTML, ready to print or publish on a web site. You can even include screenshots as simple pictures (just make sure to use the ScaleSimpleImages option to scale them up to 100%.

I don't have time to finish this right now as I have to get ready for game night, but see the attached for an example.

Congratulations, Rob. RealmWorks is now a productivity tool. :-D

This is making me reconsider the non-commercial license. I'd have to read up on how that works, exactly before I do. It might be worth it if people start convincing their bosses to let them expense the cost of purchase.

EDIT: Regarding the non-commercial bit, I have no objection to people using the script for something like this. I just don't want someone monetizing it.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf RWExport-To-HTML Documentation.pdf (89.3 KB, 26 views)

Last edited by EightBitz; January 21st, 2017 at 01:43 PM.
EightBitz is offline   #54 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old January 21st, 2017, 03:46 PM
Ok to build upon EightBitz amazing effort and make it simpler for the masses...

Alpha V0.1: Generate XML Transformation Script

This is an application that will allow you to auto-generate the script that needs to be pasted into PowerShell. It still requires you to access PowerShell manually but should take the challenge out of creating the script.

I'm working on taking it to the next level and running the script itself. I'm not a programmer though so don't hold your breath. It's all dependant on my Googlefu.

Yes it's an executable. No it doesn't contain a virus. No it doesn't contain any error checking. No idea if it will work on all OS. No idea if you need to install anything to make it work. Yes I'm hungover so no there won't be any support provided today.

Good luck and EightBitz... thanks!

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #55 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old January 21st, 2017, 04:20 PM
You wrote the above in VB? My VB is ancient. I could give you a function to run that script in C# but you'd have to translate it into VB or create a VB module, which isn't that hard IIRC, and call it from your VB program.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #56 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old January 21st, 2017, 04:31 PM
Yeah it's VB.net. I have the script running already. Trying to figure out how to handle where the script is running from atm. It's close.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #57 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old January 21st, 2017, 06:12 PM
The Googlefu is very strong in this one.

Nice job, Daplunk. Just think what'll roll out over the next few months when the programmers in the community dive in. Pretty impressive start!
AEIOU is offline   #58 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old January 22nd, 2017, 02:37 AM
It should be possible to have that dialog window pop up directly from the powershell script to fill in missing questions (perhaps by invoking the script with a "-prompt" argument?).

I have a file selection dialog popup from my obsidian portal migration script, all done with powershell commands.
Farling is offline   #59 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old January 23rd, 2017, 02:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
It should be possible to have that dialog window pop up directly from the powershell script to fill in missing questions (perhaps by invoking the script with a "-prompt" argument?).

I have a file selection dialog popup from my obsidian portal migration script, all done with powershell commands.
I don't think it's as easy -prompt. You have to procedurally define the form and its components, including event scripting. It's possible for sure. I've just been focusing on the script itself.

I still want to do logging so people with large realms can tell if the script is working or stuck. But maybe I'll look into this first.
EightBitz is offline   #60 Reply With Quote