Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
EdSteiner
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 731

Old May 16th, 2011, 02:59 PM
I concur with Yobtar, until GW launches a FAQ otherwise Magic Items are unique reguardless of our thoughts otherwise.
EdSteiner is offline   #111
Yobtar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 242

Old May 16th, 2011, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Seer View Post
I have stolen this from another discussion forum, but, with respect to Vermin Lord and their Doom Glaives "Magic items that come as equipment can have multiples. Like weeping blades on your death runners, things catchers on your master moulders, plague censers on your priests, warlock augmented weapon on your engineers, etc."
The examples you listed have been clarified in FAQs from GW.
Yobtar is offline   #112
Arijharn
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 75

Old May 18th, 2011, 03:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobtar View Post
The examples you listed have been clarified in FAQs from GW.
I think that's his point.

A Doom Glaive isn't a choice like electing to take an Ogre Blade, it's a default setting for a creature that isn't a unique one of a kind creature. The only limiting factor about the Vermin Lord is that it's freaking expensive.

It's an innate ability really because of this. I mean, your system says that you could only take one Hierotitan due to it's items Icon of Ptra and Scales of Usirian (which have both bound magic spells) despite the fact that a Hierotitan also isn't a unique choice, and neither can you elect to not have that equipment. If you say however that those can't count as neither are listed as 'magic items' (despite the Bound Spells section saying in the very first sentence that they're magic items) then I think you're being arguably as 'selective' with applying rules as what I think you're saying to me.

Why is it listed as a magic item or weapon then? Because it's affected by items/abilities that affect magic items, like the Khorne Daemonic Gift Obsidian Armour, not because it's some crazy loophole.
Arijharn is offline   #113
Arijharn
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 75

Old May 18th, 2011, 03:07 AM
Having said that though; I'll leave the matter to rest now regardless though, because it's pretty clear that neither side will persuade the other, and I don't think it's conductive for the purposes of the board and the spirit of this thread anymore (which is why I tried to make another thread, but apparently any quote that's large enough (or maybe I stuffed up my quote tags) aren't approved by moderators).

I'm more than happy to continue the conversation in PM though and try to argue my position of why I think it's legal.
Arijharn is offline   #114
Xanthos
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3

Old May 25th, 2011, 11:25 AM
The Spell "Curse of the Midnight Wind" in the lore of Heavens currently says "friendly units within 12" " but should say "enemy units."
Xanthos is offline   #115
Arijharn
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 75

Old May 27th, 2011, 01:52 AM
In the Vampire Counts army book, the Necromancer's first spell is free, with successive spells costing points.

src: pg. 90

'Magic: A Necromancer is a Lvl 1 Wizard and knows one Necromancy spell.'

Options - Upgrade:
'Per extra Necromancy spell'

Also: Necromancer's can't wear armour (ie., can't take Magical Armor)

Last edited by Arijharn; May 27th, 2011 at 04:53 AM.
Arijharn is offline   #116
gkgnight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 133

Old May 27th, 2011, 05:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arijharn View Post
In the Vampire Counts army book, the Necromancer's first spell is free, with successive spells costing points.

src: pg. 90

'Magic: A Necromancer is a Lvl 1 Wizard and knows one Necromancy spell.'

Options - Upgrade:
'Per extra Necromancy spell'
This part is working correctly. When you choose the Necromaner he coems at the normal points cost of 55 points. Then you select the 1st spell you which to purchase which is free. All additional spells cost 15 points.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Arijharn
Also: Necromancer's can't wear armour (ie., can't take Magical Armor)
Thank you for pointing this out. You are correct. Only models with the Vampire rule are excluded from this (page 85 VC rulebook). I will update the VC file and submit it over the course of the weekend.

gkgnight is offline   #117
Arijharn
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 75

Old May 27th, 2011, 06:17 AM
Ah cheers, is there any chance that this could be changed to clear up the confusion (i.e., people like me! ) within the Army Builder itself, or is this beyond the Data File author's capacity to change? (i.e., you aren't given the scripting ability to do so?)
Arijharn is offline   #118
Mr_Rose
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 278

Old May 27th, 2011, 11:19 AM
When you're updating the armour and necromancers bit, don't forget to leave in the exception for the one armour that expressly says necromancers can take it.

Click here to get 2.25GB of DropBox cloud storage free!

I've always wondered about the first person that saw a lobster and said, "You know what? I'm going to eat that."
Mr_Rose is offline   #119
gkgnight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 133

Old May 27th, 2011, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Rose View Post
When you're updating the armour and necromancers bit, don't forget to leave in the exception for the one armour that expressly says necromancers can take it.
ty for the reminder. I actually forgot about the nightshroud's exception.
gkgnight is offline   #120
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
wolflair.com copyright ©1998-2016 Lone Wolf Development, Inc. View our Privacy Policy here.