Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

boojumbunn

Old April 17th, 2018, 01:27 PM
Glerk! Ok, so I was getting ready to post in the online StarFinder game I am in, and went to my character in Herolab.online to check on a skill roll... But it's down! I get a maintenance page with a link to: http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=94

When I go to that link I get "You do not have permission to access this page" even though I am logged into my account.

1. Why would you NEED to log in to see a maintenance schedule.

2. Even if you need to log in, then it's important for players to know how long the server than holds ALL OF OUR CHARACTERS is unavailable for.

3. The maintenance page also doesn't have a link to bug report, which is why you see my post about the error here instead of in the Bug Tracking System.

Boojum
boojumbunn is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 17th, 2018, 01:34 PM
See THIS post about this unscheduled down time.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
boojumbunn

Old April 17th, 2018, 01:51 PM
Well, unscheduled stuff happens.. but it would still be nice to have the link on the maintenance page going to someplace I can read.

Boojum
boojumbunn is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 17th, 2018, 02:00 PM
That page has been fixed now, it should be pointing to the right forum. We're still investigating the cause of the unplanned downtime.
Joe is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Rone

Old April 17th, 2018, 02:18 PM
I'll make that announcement here as well (probably should have put it here in the first place):

We are aware Hero Lab Online is experiencing unscheduled downtime and apologize for any inconvenience this might be causing. Our devs are working on it.

I'll make an announcement here as soon as we're back online.
Rone is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Gromlak

Old April 17th, 2018, 07:10 PM
Is unscheduled downtime the same as "down for maintenance?" "We appreciate your patience while we work on improving the service" Interrupted service is frustrating, to be sure, but is a part of online life. Classifying interrupted service as scheduled maintenance appears deceptive. How does restoring service improve pre-interrupted service?
Gromlak is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
zarberg

Old April 17th, 2018, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromlak View Post
Is unscheduled downtime the same as "down for maintenance?" "We appreciate your patience while we work on improving the service" Interrupted service is frustrating, to be sure, but is a part of online life. Classifying interrupted service as scheduled maintenance appears deceptive. How does restoring service improve pre-interrupted service?
I agree. As an IS professional, I totally get outages; but as a player who plays Starfinder once every 2 weeks on Tuesday nights, it was rather frustrating not having access to my character tonight. It would have been nice to get an estimated downtime.
zarberg is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Gromlak

Old April 17th, 2018, 10:11 PM
Over 8 hours... No update, no explanation... No confidence?
Gromlak is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Dax Thura

Old April 17th, 2018, 11:33 PM
I am still very confident in Hero Lab and Wolflair, however, I am also frustrated at the current situation. At this point, I have basically lost a day of use and I only hope they think of that when it is time for me to renew my subscription.
Dax Thura is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
amyza

Old April 18th, 2018, 12:25 AM
It is back online.
amyza is offline   #10 Reply With Quote