Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

SWChance

Old February 1st, 2007, 03:19 PM
The ability to have two dat files open at the same time would be a big help.

I know we can copy a thing and work from there but just to be able to compare would be nice.

Chris Bradshaw
SWChance is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 1st, 2007, 06:50 PM
When editing Armybuilder and CardVault files, I regularly have half a dozen copies of the editor running at once. Does that work for Hero Lab, too?
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
SWChance

Old February 1st, 2007, 07:51 PM
Nope, just checked. Funny thing is I hadn't tried to launch a second editor till you said that.

Chris Bradshaw
SWChance is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 1st, 2007, 11:55 PM
At 04:19 PM 2/1/2007, you wrote:
Quote:
The ability to have two dat files open at the same time would be a big help.

I know we can copy a thing and work from there but just to be able to compare would be nice.
Colen and I have been talking about this already. It's something we have on the todo list and will get added.

-Rob
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 2nd, 2007, 12:07 AM
At 07:50 PM 2/1/2007, you wrote:
Quote:
When editing Armybuilder and CardVault files, I regularly have half a dozen copies of the editor running at once. Does that work for Hero Lab, too?
Unfortunately, no. Since 99% of what any user will want to do is just created/edit "things", and since we wanted to add the "splice" capability for live testing (i.e. no compile and reload like AB), the editor is integrated within HL. Currently, you can only have a single editor running. However, the technical hurdles should not be significant in adding support for multiple editors, so we'll definitely be adding this capability.

I sure hope that you don't need 6 editors open for HL files! AB requires lots of the different files and lots of different facets to be mucking with at the same time. HL should not be nearly as complex, unless you plan on writing data files from scratch for a new game system. And that capability won't be possible for awhile yet.

-Rob
rob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote