Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

DannyBoy2k

Old December 8th, 2006, 12:37 PM
Seeing as how we're about half-ways into December...I think that that is somewhat inaccurate. Now, admittedly, we haven't seen snow-flake ONE around here, miserable winter it is so far...but it IS winter, by now...so, would it be possible to get a more...updated...estimate as to when this will arrive? Looks VERY interesting, I think.
DannyBoy2k is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 8th, 2006, 01:51 PM
Fair question.

Fortunately, I believe that Fall technically runs until December 21st, at which point we start Winter. So we still have roughly two weeks, and it will take a dramatic, last-minute surprise to keep us from releasing before the 21st. I'll openly admit that our original plan was for a November release, so we're clearly releasing a good bit later than planned. But we're technically going to sneak in just under the wire on the "Fall" promise. :-)

There should be an official date announced on our website next week. My best guess at this point is that it will be either Friday, the 15th, or Monday, the 18th.

Thanks, Rob

At 01:37 PM 12/8/2006, you wrote:

Quote:
Seeing as how we're about half-ways into December...I think that that is somewhat inaccurate. Now, admittedly, we haven't seen snow-flake ONE around here, miserable winter it is so far...but it IS winter, by now...so, would it be possible to get a more...updated...estimate as to when this will arrive? Looks VERY interesting, I think.
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
DannyBoy2k

Old December 9th, 2006, 01:19 PM
Well, that entirely depends. Some countries counts the Equinox, which is on or around the 21st, as the beginning of winter, yes. Others counts it as MID-winter, however, in which case fall ended around the first week of November. The Irish, indeed, counts fall as August, September and October, in which case winter started on the first of November, sharp. Meterologically speaking, it ends with November, and so, winter starts with December.

All of this, of course, as a complete aside, since I got my answer and am more than happy with it.
DannyBoy2k is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Uthgarr

Old December 18th, 2006, 11:05 AM
Winter starts on the 22nd i believe. They've stated that the game would release on the 18th.... well here it is 3pm on the 18th and they still don't have the store open for Hero Lab.
Uthgarr is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
jlong05
Volunteer Data File Author

Send a message via MSN to jlong05

Old December 18th, 2006, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgarr
Winter starts on the 22nd i believe. They've stated that the game would release on the 18th.... well here it is 3pm on the 18th and they still don't have the store open for Hero Lab.
Sheesh.. cut the guys some slack. It takes time to create a perfect application. I would prefer them to delay a bit to make sure bugs are eradicated completly than to push for thier release date and release software that isn't usable due to bugs.

Colen and Rob have done a great job so far of creating premier applications which we all love to use. Lets give them the time they need to finish Hero Lab correctly, instead of complaining here in the forums. It really only further delays the product cause they have to take time to read our posts and make replys. Also remember that Hero Lab is not the only application they make, and sometimes their efforts can be drawn to help resolve issues in Card Vault or Army Builder also.

I am sure we will be seeing a final for Hero Lab shortly. Keep up the great work guys.

The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
jlong05 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 18th, 2006, 09:30 PM
Hero Lab began shipping from distributors on Friday and started arriving in REAL stores today. We ran into a few hiccups during our testing of the the online release process today, so we took a few extra hours to make sure things are running smoothly. As I write this post, it's 10:23pm on the 18th (we're in California), and everything is now live, so we did manage to get this sucker released on the date promised. :-)

I greatly appreciate the eagerness for Hero Lab, but we're a tiny company and a critical priority for us is to release a quality product. In the end, users always seen to be more grateful about quality than a short extra wait. :-)

You should be able to download Hero Lab from our website now. Take it for a test drive and let us know what you think!

Thanks, Rob

At 12:05 PM 12/18/2006, you wrote:

Quote:
Winter starts on the 22nd i believe. They've stated that the game would release on the 18th.... well here it is 3pm on the 18th and they still don't have the store open for Hero Lab. [img]./modules/mdforum/images/smiles/icon_sad.gif[/img]
rob is offline   #6 Reply With Quote