Notices

Closed Thread

RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 14th, 2017, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_Wind View Post
Hi guys,

Looking through Table 2-4 of the Starfinder Core Rulebook revealed something I was not expecting.

Starfinder has done away with the Slow, Medium, and Fast XP point level Advancement track. In Starfinder, there is only one XP point advancement track (the exact same XP level requirements as are used as "Fast Track" in Pathfinder RPG).

I know that adding House Rule feature requests can get cumbersome, but as the XP points and track options are ALREADY present in the Herolab Pathfinder code base, could you please just port that over and have the default be "Fast Track", but let the GM choose to specify a "Slow" or "Medium" advancement, using the same XP points per level from Pathfinder RPG? It should not take any new code at all. Just use the same XP features and options as exist in the current Pathfinder XP progression - simply change the default for Starfinder to "Fast Track".

I can foresee that the "Fast Track" is going to be too fast for my campaign preferences. The most annoying thing about this -- indeed, the only annoying thing really - is that Herolab might not support it.

As the code already exists, can you please just port it over so we can specify it as a House Rule override? Thanks.
I can respect the fact that you got a hold of the book early, but do keep in mind that it hasn't been released officially to the mainstream masses yet. The pdf doesn't drop until Thursday. Be careful not to "leak" stuff online.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #11
Toblakai

Old August 14th, 2017, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenX View Post
I can respect the fact that you got a hold of the book early, but do keep in mind that it hasn't been released officially to the mainstream masses yet. The pdf doesn't drop until Thursday. Be careful not to "leak" stuff online.
Is there an NDA for those that subscribe and get the book early? If so I didn't sign anything...
Toblakai is offline   #12
daplunk

Old August 14th, 2017, 04:51 PM
Yeah there would be no NDA for this. The only people who could get in trouble are the companies that released it prior to launch.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #13
ShadowChemosh

Old August 14th, 2017, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toblakai View Post
Is there an NDA for those that subscribe and get the book early? If so I didn't sign anything...
Nope no NDA. Paizo has asked people to not copy/paste large sections of text to the Paizo forums. They can enforce this rule as they own the servers.

But Starfinder is OGL which allows wiki's and other places to fully share all the info without issue. Most have done a gentleman's agreement to not show until the 17th but talking about info on a forum is not going to get anyone in trouble.

So discuss away!

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #14
RavenX

Old August 15th, 2017, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toblakai View Post
Anything that isn't playtest material usually is covered by an NDA somewhere. Its better to be safe than sorry.

Also, I am not a fan of people posting spoilers, especially when it comes to Star Wars films...

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #15
karpomatic

Old August 16th, 2017, 04:09 AM
I received my core book and Adventure Path yesterday in the mail. I can't wait for HL & RW to support this.

Realm Works Kickstarter supporter
karpomatic is offline   #16
Silveras

Old August 16th, 2017, 04:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenX View Post
Anything that isn't playtest material usually is covered by an NDA somewhere. Its better to be safe than sorry.

Also, I am not a fan of people posting spoilers, especially when it comes to Star Wars films...
FYI: Paizo ships subscriber orders with the intention that the physical books will arrive on or around the scheduled release day. Given that the US Postal Service and other delivery services are not precisely timed, the intent is for them to err on the side of them arriving early, not late. Separately from that, subscribers get access to their PDF copy of the book when their order ships. As of that moment, the product has been sold to us, and is officially ours. No NDA, because it is not any kind of preview, nor is there any other restriction on it. Paizo does ask that people not copy-and-paste, or otherwise reveal, large portions of the content until stores have had a chance to at least start selling their physical copies, but that's it.
Silveras is offline   #17
Toblakai

Old August 16th, 2017, 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveras View Post
FYI: Paizo ships subscriber orders with the intention that the physical books will arrive on or around the scheduled release day. Given that the US Postal Service and other delivery services are not precisely timed, the intent is for them to err on the side of them arriving early, not late. Separately from that, subscribers get access to their PDF copy of the book when their order ships. As of that moment, the product has been sold to us, and is officially ours. No NDA, because it is not any kind of preview, nor is there any other restriction on it. Paizo does ask that people not copy-and-paste, or otherwise reveal, large portions of the content until stores have had a chance to at least start selling their physical copies, but that's it.
Yep, I have had my PDF since a week ago Friday. Got my books last week.
Toblakai is offline   #18
RavenX

Old August 16th, 2017, 05:58 PM
I only order PDFs through Paizo directly. Books I get at the local stores usually.

RavenX is offline   #19
Kaleb

Old August 17th, 2017, 10:55 AM
RavenX are your Exalted 2E files just for the Exalted system or are they for Pathfinder also. My group is using the excellencies for pathfinder.
Kaleb is offline   #20
Closed Thread