Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 18th, 2012, 11:59 AM
tagvalue[sLevel.?]

or

tagmax[], tagmin[]

(tagvalue will grab a random tag if there happened to be multiple tags with a value that fit the filter, but in this case, where there will never be more than one sLevel tag, it's faster for HL to execute than tagmax).

Last edited by Mathias; May 18th, 2012 at 12:05 PM.
Mathias is online now   #11 Reply With Quote
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old May 18th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
The other problem I'll have to tackle once I tackle this is the ability to choose any 3 extraordinary abilities. I have the chooser working ok, but again, do I bootstrap the ability or just carry over the description? Can either actually be done?
Don't make a chooser for this. This is easier done as a choice of custom ability (much like the rogue gets the special ability option). So each of the extraordinary abilities should be bootstrapped to a custom ability of the same name (make sure only one shows in the specials). Then allow the Factorum set its custom abilities available field at the right level and those choices should be there. I'd look at the rogue's special abilities for guidance on this.
Kendall-DM is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old May 18th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall-DM View Post
Try this instead. Look for the tag sLevel.X, so you'll be looking at a possibility of 10 tags. Psuedo-coding here...

if (chosen.tagis[sLevel.0] <> 0) then
SL = 0
elseif (chosen.tagis[sLevel.1] <> 0) then
SL = 1
etc...
Nice. This works with the following code:

Code:
if (field[usrChosen1].chosen.tagis[sLevel.0] <> 0) then
SL = 0
elseif (field[usrChosen1].chosen.tagis[sLevel.1] <> 0) then
SL = 1
endif
Sendric is online now   #13 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old May 18th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
tagvalue[sLevel.?]

or

tagmax[], tagmin[]

(tagvalue will grab a random tag if there happened to be multiple tags with a value that fit the filter, but in this case, where there will never be more than one sLevel tag, it's faster for HL to execute than tagmax).
This also appears to work:

Code:
SL = field[usrChosen1].chosen.tagvalue[sLevel.?]
Sendric is online now   #14 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old May 18th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall-DM View Post
Don't make a chooser for this. This is easier done as a choice of custom ability (much like the rogue gets the special ability option). So each of the extraordinary abilities should be bootstrapped to a custom ability of the same name (make sure only one shows in the specials). Then allow the Factorum set its custom abilities available field at the right level and those choices should be there. I'd look at the rogue's special abilities for guidance on this.
And lastly,

Yea, I was thinking this is what I was going to end up having to do. Seems like a huge project, but maybe it won't be as bad as it seems.

I've run out of time for the day, so I'll have to pick this back up next week. Thanks for your help, Kendall and Mathias.
Sendric is online now   #15 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old May 22nd, 2012, 06:34 AM
Quote:
tagvalue[sLevel.?]

or

tagmax[], tagmin[]

Is there something similar that can pull text fields?

For instance, if I wanted to pull the description text of the chosen spell. This is what I started with:

Code:
field[CustDesc].text = field[usrChosen1].chosen.field[CustDesc].text
I tried a few different phases and priorities, but again, it doesn't seem to work. There are no errors reported.
Sendric is online now   #16 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 22nd, 2012, 07:58 AM
Do you mean:

Code:

field[CustDesc].text = field[usrChosen1].chosen.field[descript].text
Very few things make use of CustDesc, so it'd be empty in most cases. That's why I'm wondering if you want to get the description of the chosen thing instead.
Mathias is online now   #17 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old May 22nd, 2012, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Do you mean:

Code:

field[CustDesc].text = field[usrChosen1].chosen.field[descript].text
Very few things make use of CustDesc, so it'd be empty in most cases. That's why I'm wondering if you want to get the description of the chosen thing instead.
Yes, I'm looking for the description. When I create a sorcerer and add a spell then right-click to look at fields, I see CustDesc is filled with the description text. I didn't see any other fields containing it, so that's what I went with. Your suggestion works. Thanks.
Sendric is online now   #18 Reply With Quote