Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Cullyn

Send a message via AIM to Cullyn Send a message via Yahoo to Cullyn

Old June 16th, 2011, 04:50 AM
The fonts are a bit on the tiny side in a lot of cases, though I think that's pretty easy to tweak on an individual preference basis. The work is pretty darned good thus far. Please keep it up as it's greatly appreciated.
Cullyn is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
Ambush

Old June 16th, 2011, 06:25 AM
Some thoughts from my time working on RPGXplorer sheets.

-You can take and create variables up front and use those to set options like Include Feat Description or Include Spell List. Descriptions are one of those things that as you get used to a feat, power, ability, etc, you won't always need it (because you'll know it by heart).

-You may want to keeps Spell Lists separate. Make a completely different XSL for it as someone may not want to reprint their spell list every time they print their character.

I'm sure that I'll come up with more stuff as time goes on (and when I've had more time to look at sheets). I'm glad to see people taking the time to get these things going.
Ambush is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
sebacore

Old June 16th, 2011, 06:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambush View Post
Some thoughts from my time working on RPGXplorer sheets.

-You can take and create variables up front and use those to set options like Include Feat Description or Include Spell List. Descriptions are one of those things that as you get used to a feat, power, ability, etc, you won't always need it (because you'll know it by heart).

-You may want to keeps Spell Lists separate. Make a completely different XSL for it as someone may not want to reprint their spell list every time they print their character.

I'm sure that I'll come up with more stuff as time goes on (and when I've had more time to look at sheets). I'm glad to see people taking the time to get these things going.
Thanks. I'm still learning the full ins and outs of XSL. I think the Include Feat Descriptions could be cool. I just have no clue how to do it at this point.

But it is fun learning.
sebacore is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old June 17th, 2011, 09:42 AM
On hold until Update mentioned here
Dragnmoon is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 17th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebacore View Post
I think the Include Feat Descriptions could be cool. I just have no clue how to do it at this point.
Been thinking about this and a few other features and here is an idea that should work. The raw XML that HL produces has every "Source" that was checked marked in the "Configure Your Hero".

So their is by default a Source that says "Show Feat/Ability Descriptions" and this prints in with all the rest of the Sources. So XSLT has a function for doing a Scan/Search called Contains. Which Returns true if string1 contains string2, otherwise it returns false
Example: contains('XML','XM')
Result: true

So if we expand that to the following:
Code:
<xsl:if test="contains(@source,'Show Feat/Ability Descriptions') ='true'">
<!-- If TRUE then process printing Full Desc Text -->
</xsl:if>
FYI I don' know if @source is the correct name of the element but that is easy to figure out.

Otherwise this says only if we can find the wording of Show Feat/Ability text then go ahead and do the full print page.

I was also thinking then that we can easily make up new Source options using a .user file and that can be combined together with the Custom Output using the HLExport tool.

So could have another for Full Spell Book. It could get really fancy with the controls. Well at least those where my thoughts so far but no time to do any Proof of Concept yet.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
sebacore

Old June 17th, 2011, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh;
stuff
I think that could work really well. Having more options is always better. I was thinkingnof breaking some things out as well.

Have a standard first sheet with just feat/etc names. Then make another output that is only feats with full descriptions. One for spells, special abilities, all that sort of stuff. I think that having the things be more modular would be helpful as you can print out only what you would need.

I'm also trying to think of some other cool output types not based on the standard sheet. I'm excited to see some of these new changes coming next week.
sebacore is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old June 17th, 2011, 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebacore View Post
I think that could work really well. Having more options is always better. I was thinkingnof breaking some things out as well.

Have a standard first sheet with just feat/etc names. Then make another output that is only feats with full descriptions. One for spells, special abilities, all that sort of stuff. I think that having the things be more modular would be helpful as you can print out only what you would need.

I'm also trying to think of some other cool output types not based on the standard sheet. I'm excited to see some of these new changes coming next week.
that would be cool. Is it possible to get a standard type of (Pathfinder sheet style) spell sheet where we can check the spells currently memorized from a full listing of spell and have the full description of the spell be separate?
Nikmal is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
thedarkelf007

Send a message via MSN to thedarkelf007 Send a message via Yahoo to thedarkelf007

Old June 22nd, 2011, 07:47 PM
I think this is great, just added it to my portfolio.

One thing, when printing the whole portfolio, characters are appended to the last page of the previous character.

Also I hope they add the attribute to show where an item is stored as my group is using that aspect heavily at the moment.
thedarkelf007 is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
Dragnmoon

Old July 2nd, 2011, 06:16 AM
Hopefully with the new Update to the Character output Character sheets can now be made with what I am looking for.

Still looking to get a Character sheet that looks like the Pathfinder Society one.
Dragnmoon is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
Broven

Old July 4th, 2011, 08:00 PM
I tried out sebacore's sheet, but it doesn't seem to be working for me. It appears to have imported alright, and it shows up in the list as an option. But when I click it it creates the html and opens in the browser but it's completely blank. I'm kinda new to Herolab, so I'm surely just doing something wrong. Anyone have any ideas what that might be?
Broven is offline   #40 Reply With Quote