Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old June 9th, 2013, 04:35 PM
Here's what I have so far on the character sheet:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Character Sheet Work.JPG (46.9 KB, 22 views)
RavenX is offline   #351 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old June 10th, 2013, 09:14 AM
Is it possible to have the same table show up twice on a character sheet print out?
On the standard Deathwatch sheet, the characteristics table shows up on both sides of the sheet, I am trying to figure out how it would be possible to do this.
RavenX is offline   #352 Reply With Quote
GhostShip Blue

Old June 14th, 2013, 07:02 PM
Hey RavenX, I'd like to give you a "Hell Yeah!" for your efforts. Wish I had something more to offer but in reading up I've mostly been saying "Huh?" when you start trying to figure out how to make things work.

If you need someone to keystroke data, I can do that. Provide me the format and I can copy the data, but that's about it.
GhostShip Blue is offline   #353 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old June 15th, 2013, 08:15 AM
Thanks for the offer on that, but you're a bit too late there. I've already typed in most of the data on this one myself, there really isn't anymore data to add from the core. I type fairly fast, not something people really know about me. Plus much of the data was keystroked a while ago, it was just a matter of getting the mechanical aspects working correctly. All I really have left to do is the experience advances at this point, and a few fixes on some key areas, and final cleanup of the data.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #354 Reply With Quote
Eryx_UK

Old June 15th, 2013, 08:20 AM
If you have the mechanics down, does that mean you'll be able to do additions for the other 40K RPGs?

"For how should man die better,
than facing fearful odds,
for the ashes of his father,
and the temples of his gods."
Eryx_UK is offline   #355 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old June 15th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eryx_UK View Post
If you have the mechanics down, does that mean you'll be able to do additions for the other 40K RPGs?
Hypothetically, yes. Realistically, probably not. The only additions I intend to do with this data currently are the supplemental books for Deathwatch. I currently intend to add one dark heresy book, Daemon Hunter to the data, to add in the Grey Knights later on, but right now I still have to deal with the XP Advances and to be honest, from what I've been told that is going to take a good amount of time to do as the skeletal files are not capable of handling what I need to implement. The XP advance system may take a good chunk of time to implement, and it is pretty much the last thing I have to do.

I went with Deathwatch because, compared to the other game systems in the line, it was the easier character creation process. Roll 2d10+30 for each stat, pick chapter and specialization, record starting gear, ready to play. I've seen a lot of questions regarding rogue trader and I can say that will be harder to implement. I'd have to add a whole new tab just to handle the table and all of its choices. I haven't seen Only War as of yet, so I can't make any claims as to how hard that would be to code, but I have seen Black Crusade and even that was a little more involved than Deathwatch. Deathwatch characters are the most straightforward to build and even that was a lot of work to get implemented. I run Deathwatch every weekend, so I have a vested interest in finishing the data for it. I currently have no plans outside implementation of Deathwatch, but that could change in the future depending on what happens and how quickly I get the advancement system built. I am currently working on character sheet output at this time and my efforts are focused primarily on getting the sheets done. Once I have that wrapped up I will have some more breathing space to discuss this again.

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #356 Reply With Quote
Eryx_UK

Old June 15th, 2013, 08:52 AM
No worries. Thank you for your hard work.

"For how should man die better,
than facing fearful odds,
for the ashes of his father,
and the temples of his gods."
Eryx_UK is offline   #357 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old June 15th, 2013, 08:58 AM
I am sure it would be possible to do other books in the line with what I have done already, and I did build this data with that in mind. I just don't have enough time in the day to worry about additional systems yet. I want to finish Deathwatch, get the mechanical aspects implemented, and then worry about the rest from there. As it stands I will have to implement Rites of Battle in phases. Vehicles will likely be the first phase. I allowed my players access to the full vehicle section and they're in love with the motorcycles. Nothing beats mowing down Tyranids from two wheels. Part of why I initially said no about additional systems is that I know Rites of Battle is going to take time to do. The "Create a custom chapter" part of that book is going to be a major headache to implement.

RavenX is offline   #358 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old June 15th, 2013, 10:52 PM
Now that my campaign is done for the night I'll address some reasoning for not doing additional systems for a bit. I've already looked into some of the other game systems and some of you reading my posts have hinted you'd like Rogue Trader. While I did build my datafiles with the intention of expansion to cover future additional supplements, Rogue Trader will require multiple new tabs to be built. Due to the way that characters are built, a new tab to cover the historical table and choices you can make would have to be integrated. On top of this, I'd have to integrate spacecraft into the core mechanics and build a basics tab for that, because starships have their own statistics. In Deathwatch, I still have to get the vehicles integrated into the core system through Rites of Battle. I'd like to finish that up before even considering how to approach starships. I may consider doing Rogue Trader as an expansion later on, but for the time being I'd like to finish up the Deathwatch mechanics and at least get the vehicles working right, as well as a few supplemental tomes done before considering moving on to another system. I just wanted to take some time to highlight my reasons for not approaching Rogue Trader at this time. It will be a bit more involved to do and I'd like to get my core components for Deathwatch done before even thinking about it.

Thank you for expressing interest in it though. I will keep it in mind in the future, but for now, I just don't have enough hours in the day to do more than Deathwatch.

RavenX

RavenX is offline   #359 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old June 16th, 2013, 06:03 PM
I managed to get the Deathwatch Training checkbox implemented on the Chapter Tab today.

RavenX is offline   #360 Reply With Quote