Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Oso_True

Old January 25th, 2009, 07:41 PM
Hi, I am new to the forum, and a new pre-user. I have yet to download and install anything on any computer, but I have purchased a product license. I have tried emailing at least 3 times and have yet to get a response. I emailed a while back about ordering and promoting the product if it suited our needs. In the Texas Region, I asked the Tech person (I forget his name off hand) if it was possible to get a disk from Lone Wolf Development, and he said they generally just get users to download the demo, and then when you buy you get a CD key. But if I insisted on having a disk the company wouldbe happy to send me one. I have made informal and formal requests to get a disk and have yet to recieve one.

Whats the deal?

-OsoTrue
Oso_True is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 30th, 2009, 12:32 PM
We are *NOT* allowed to ship anyone a CD. If we do, then we have to track sales tax, and we are not setup to do that. So if we sent someone a CD in response to a purchase, then we'd get ourselves in deep trouble with the tax folks. An upset tax-man is something we'd like to avoid, so we cannot send you a CD.

With all of our products, there is absolutely *ZERO* reason to have a CD. You can download the latest version of the product from our website at any time, and the download size is relatively small. You can also get your license information emailed to you automatically by our licensing server at any time. For anyone who purchases the product in a store (we only sell to licensed resellers like distributors and retailers), he can install the product, activate the license, and throw everything away.

Based on this, there is no reason for you to need a physical CD. If you want something to put on your shelf, take up space, and get dusty, then you can contact us directly for a refund and go buy the same thing from your local retailer. Once we release the V3.2 update, the software on the CD will be out-dated and V3.2 will need to be downloaded, plus you'll always need to get the latest data files online. Consequently, in a few months, that CD on your shelf will be of absolutely zero use to you.

We've done our best to ensure that our electronic delivery mechanism is the equal of the physical product. We did this so that there was no reason for users to be hesitant about electronic purchases from us.

All that being said, if you'd like the refund, please send us an email with your original order number and we'll get it taken care of for you.
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
gilvagor

Old January 31st, 2009, 05:17 AM
You could just throw Armybuilder on a Thumb Drive and install it from that. A heck of a lot easier than CD I find.
gilvagor is offline   #3 Reply With Quote