Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Viking2054

Old August 8th, 2016, 02:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruhar View Post
Rob, five years from now RW will be completed, except for occasional add ons, and everyone will be singing your praises.
I know your kidding, but the problem is that the RPG community is a big moving target. Let's not mention the high percentage of whiners and cry babies in our community...

Although I hope things will move a bit faster after the content market is complete through all of its roll out stages, I don't see some of the things I want making it into RW in the next 18 months.

I've been patiently taking a wait and see approach for myself. However, when asked, I freely explain the benefits and the hindrances as I see them.
I then recommend a wait until sometime after the content market before thinking about purchasing RW.
Viking2054 is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
Pollution

Old August 8th, 2016, 05:03 AM
Deleted

Last edited by Pollution; February 17th, 2017 at 10:01 AM.
Pollution is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
Greebo

Old August 8th, 2016, 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruhar View Post
Rob, five years from now RW will be completed, except for occasional add ons, and everyone will be singing your praises.
Right you are.
Greebo is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old August 8th, 2016, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking2054 View Post
I've been patiently taking a wait and see approach for myself. However, when asked, I freely explain the benefits and the hindrances as I see them.
I then recommend a wait until sometime after the content market before thinking about purchasing RW.
Depends on the person you are talking to, no? I would discuss what they are looking for in a campaign-management tool—the must-haves. I explain why I use and rely on in, but that for certain use cases it may not be the right tool.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old August 8th, 2016, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlockHead View Post
Depends on the person you are talking to, no? I would discuss what they are looking for in a campaign-management tool—the must-haves. I explain why I use and rely on in, but that for certain use cases it may not be the right tool.
This is what I do, too. I will inform people of specific strengths and weaknesses then leave them to draw their own overall conclusions.
EightBitz is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
Asmo

Old August 8th, 2016, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollution View Post
Buy a copy, download it, save it as (rename it as) Adult Group, download it again (free) and save it for Kid Group.

So there's that.
Good to hear, but how about: write your own campaign and save as Friends and save as Kids...

I can understand why things go the way they are and have respect for LW but the whole save as thingy is very common these days.
Asmo is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
Viking2054

Old August 8th, 2016, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlockHead View Post
The few people I've talked to about RW that I know personally, get my honest opinion. I don't take their credit card away from them or force them not to buy. I just recommend waiting. After all, we've been waiting on the content market for how long now? That survey was what two or three years ago?

When I purchased RW there were a few key features I was looking for that RW advertised at the time. So I purchased it. But some of those key features were put not on the back burner, but the way way back burner (walk 10 miles before you find the right back burner). Do I have buyers remorse, not really. But I don't have recommendation fever for RW to other GM's either.
Viking2054 is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
chaoscowboy

Old August 9th, 2016, 09:11 AM
Huh, just bought Realmworks. I may already be regretting it.
chaoscowboy is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 9th, 2016, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoscowboy View Post
Huh, just bought Realmworks. I may already be regretting it.
You have 60 days from purchase to ask LW for your money back. My advice is to take that time and actually TRY the software. Just because some people are whiny about stuff does not mean the software is not fantastic. Most likely you will find the few features that are still coming down the road you don't even care about. RW does SO much to help in running games and keeping games moving forward.

Make an informed decision with actual use of the software and not from stuff you read on the internet. Especially when the missing features and MORE is coming down the road. LW has proven that each new release (which we get for free) has improvements and new features. You really can't not expect "more" than that from a software company.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
wurzel

Old August 9th, 2016, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
If only we could. This is something that I've indicated in the previous, big updates, but that clearly isn't making sense to everyone.
Okay, so your main target is getting new customers. That is absolutely okay from a purely financial perspective. If you take into account how many current users are a bit disappointed, don't you think that a significant number of the new users will be disappointed as well?

Maybe a feasible way to avoid further disappointments is a clear statement on the product page which desirable features are NOT supported at the moment. And please avoid further promises of time lines.

Might be a job for the new marketing officer.

DM: Tol'Uluk - game system independent homebrew world (so far AD&D 2, D&D3.5, Fate, Pathfinder, D&D5)
Tools: RW, CC3+, CD3, DD3, HL
RL: Retired senior IT manager. Now just housewife, grandma and fantasy author.
wurzel is offline   #40 Reply With Quote