Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

adamzeliasz

Old April 9th, 2012, 06:25 AM
When I create a half-elf, I noticed that the + to hit number doesn't change when I try selecting the Exotic Weapon proficiency with curved elven blade chosen, and then i delete the feat from my list. Why is that? Does the half elf automatically gain proficiency with that weapon?

Thanks!
adamzeliasz is offline   #91 Reply With Quote
Joshua

Old April 9th, 2012, 07:33 AM
I'm pretty sure that only Elves can treat Elven weapons as martial instead of exotic. That being said, you'd still need a character class than gains martial weapons proficiency, or you'd need to take that as a feat.

As a Half-Elf, you'd have to separately take exotic weapons (Curved Elven Blade) proficiency as a feat to use it. It sounds like you've tried that, but did you add a character class first? If not, you'll have to do that because you need a base attack bonus of at least +1 before you can take an exotic weapons proficiency. Now, if it were my campaign and your Half-Elf character (or any other race, for that matter) were raised by Elves, I'd just give you that feat for free because it'd be warranted by your character's background.

Last edited by Joshua; April 9th, 2012 at 07:38 AM.
Joshua is offline   #92 Reply With Quote
adamzeliasz

Old April 9th, 2012, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
I'm pretty sure that only Elves can treat Elven weapons as martial instead of exotic. That being said, you'd still need a character class than gains martial weapons proficiency, or you'd need to take that as a feat.

As a Half-Elf, you'd have to separately take exotic weapons (Curved Elven Blade) proficiency as a feat to use it. That being said, if it were my campaign and your Half-Elf character (or any other race, for that matter) were raised by Elves, I'd just give you that feat for free because it'd be warranted in your character's background.
If that is the case then Hero Lab has another bug that needs to be fixed. although I did take one level of fighter, so maybe it does become a marital weapon for a half-elf...
adamzeliasz is offline   #93 Reply With Quote
Joshua

Old April 9th, 2012, 07:42 AM
Sorry, it looks like I edited my post right when you were replying! According to the PF Core Rulebook, Half-Elves don't gain the Weapon Familiarity trait that Elves have. Though if you added a level of fighter, and then you add the exotic weapons feat, you should be seeing the change in stats...

I just ran through creating a Half-Elf fighter, gave him the EW feat, and gave him the blade, and it increased his hit from -4 to +2 with that particular weapon.

Last edited by Joshua; April 9th, 2012 at 07:42 AM. Reason: Typo
Joshua is offline   #94 Reply With Quote
adamzeliasz

Old April 9th, 2012, 07:47 AM
I currently have a half-elf fighter/ninja, level 4, and I dont have the Exotic Weapon Proficiency. When I add it and select the Curved Elven blade, it doesn't change my numbers at all...
adamzeliasz is offline   #95 Reply With Quote
adamzeliasz

Old April 9th, 2012, 07:50 AM
Actually I just created a 1st level fighter, half elf, and chose the Curved Elven Blade and it gives me a +1 without the feat. I have the latest HL update too.

Last edited by adamzeliasz; April 9th, 2012 at 07:55 AM.
adamzeliasz is offline   #96 Reply With Quote
UndeadDan

Old April 9th, 2012, 09:16 AM
I am seeing the same issue in my install of HL Beta for Mac and my windows version under Parallels.

It is apparently a problem with the coding of the curve blade in the current PF data set.
UndeadDan is offline   #97 Reply With Quote
adamzeliasz

Old April 9th, 2012, 09:38 AM
With this thread as well as a thread I started within the Paizo forums, apparently it's a bug then.
adamzeliasz is offline   #98 Reply With Quote
Patrakis

Old April 9th, 2012, 05:12 PM
Hi,

Ultimate Magic stipulates that with the ancestor mystery, the Oracle is suppose to get Spiritual weapon as a bonus spell at 4th level.

My current Ocale is at 5th level and i didn't get the spell at 4th. The program tells me i will get it as a 3rd level spell.

Can you check this out please?

Thanks

Pat
Patrakis is offline   #99 Reply With Quote
bbutlerau

Old April 10th, 2012, 08:06 PM
in the rulebook there is this line:
he receives bonus extracts per day if he has a high Intelligence score

however when i build a alchemist with INT 18 i still only get the following:
GERALD CR 1
Male Human (Chelaxian) Alchemist (Grenadier) 2
NN Medium Humanoid (Human)

--------------------
OFFENSE
--------------------
Spd 30 ft.
Melee Flail, Heavy +3 (1d10+3/19-20/x2) and
. . Unarmed Strike +3 (1d3+2/20/x2)
Ranged Bomb +4 (1d6+4 Fire)
Special Attacks Bomb 1d6+4 (8/day) (DC 15)
Alchemist (Grenadier) Spells Known (CL 2, 3 melee touch, 3 ranged touch):
1 (3/day) Shield (DC 15), Enlarge Person (DC 15), Endure Elements (DC 15)
--------------------
STATISTICS
--------------------
Str 14, Dex 15, Con 12, Int 18, Wis 11, Cha 13
Base Atk +1; CMB +3; CMD 15
Feats Extra Bombs, Martial Weapon Proficiency: Flail, Heavy, Point Blank Shot, Throw Anything
Traits Conspiracy Hunter: Knowledge (Local)
Skills Appraise +9, Craft (Alchemy) +9, Disable Device +7, Fly +7, Knowledge (Arcana) +9, Knowledge (Local) +10, Knowledge (Nature) +8, Linguistics +5, Perception +5, Spellcraft +9, Survival +4 Modifiers Alchemy +2
Languages Common, Daemonic, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Gnome
SQ +1 Extracts in Formulae Book., Alchemical Weapon (Move Action) (Su), Hero Points (1), Infusion, Mutagen (DC 15) (Su), Poisoning (Standard Action) (Ex), Precise Bombs (Ex)
--------------------
TRACKED RESOURCES
--------------------
Bomb 1d6+4 (8/day) (DC 15) (Su) - 0/8
Mutagen: +4 STR, -2 INT, +2 Nat AC - 0/1
--------------------
SPECIAL ABILITIES
--------------------
+1 Extracts in Formulae Book. Add one extract formulae from the alchemist's list to the character's formulae book. This formulae must be at least one level below the highest formulae level the alchemist can create.
Alchemical Weapon (Move Action) (Su) Add the effects of an alchemical liquid or powder to weapon.
Alchemy +2 (Su) +2 to Craft (Alchemy) to create alchemical items, can Id potions by touch.
Bomb 1d6+4 (8/day) (DC 15) (Su) Thrown Splash Weapon deals 1d6+4 fire damage.
Hero Points (1) Hero Points can be spent at any time to grant a variety of bonuses.
Infusion When the alchemist creates an extract, he can infuse it with an extra bit of his own magical power. The extract created now persists even after the alchemist sets it down. As long as the extract exists, it continues to occupy one of the alchemist’s d
Mutagen (DC 15) (Su) Mutagen adds +4 to a Physical attribute, -2 to a mental attribute, and +2 natural armor for 10 minutes/level.
Point Blank Shot +1 to attack and damage rolls with ranged weapons at up to 30 feet.
Poisoning (Standard Action) (Ex) Normal: Apply poison to a weapon as a standard action.
Precise Bombs (Ex) Select Int mod squares to not be affected by splash effects.
Throw Anything Proficient with improvised ranged weapons. +1 to hit with thrown splash weapons.

Hero Lab® and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
Pathfinder® and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Publishing, LLC®, and are used under license.

Aas you can see it says only 3 per day under spells known. i would think this should be 7 (base 3 + 4 INT)
bbutlerau is offline   #100 Reply With Quote