Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

flyteach

Old January 9th, 2021, 03:03 PM
Almost 9 months is more than "a couple". Major releases not supported. Major functionality (starships) not supported in 3 years. And when there's no internet or the service is down during a session.

Last edited by flyteach; January 9th, 2021 at 03:08 PM.
flyteach is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
marroon69

Old January 9th, 2021, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisRevocateur View Post
Dude, us PF1 players waited two years to even have access to HLO, you can wait a couple months while they get it up and running.

Yeesh.
Sure I can wait no issue, my problem is not really know what the plan is. I am not asking them to drop everything for me, I am asking them to communicate the plan and be honest about it.

Communication of there direction is all i want.
marroon69 is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old January 10th, 2021, 09:40 AM
Just looking at the number of packages for Pathfinder 1e.
The company wouldn't have continued to produce them if they weren't selling.
Pathfinder 1e was a much larger (the bread and butter) portion of their revenue than anything else.

Just being able to offer HLO at all was due to money they had made, mostly from PF 1e.

Choosing to get PF 1e onto the HLO platform will get a lot of subscribers to make the jump.
That should be a large number of subscribers and a commensurate increase in revenues.

Therefore getting PF 1e onto HLO is going to benefit every system offered by HLO.
The same is true for other systems whose revenue helped keep the company afloat as PF 1e was added to the HLO platform.
All the revenue combines and defrays the costs, with hopefully a good profit margin; all the offered products generate that revenue.
Ualaa is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Thrawn82

Old January 15th, 2021, 06:52 AM
Sure but HLO doesn't support fully half of the starfinder game system yet, starfinder without starships is... lacking. There are still some pretty big deficiencies in PF2 as well, like my pet complaint: the affliction mechanics not having any of the options present in any of the books they 'support' and not even having a blank fillable to make-due with.

I totally get why in covid times they wuld push to get more sub income by moving over PF1. I would also not really expect them to admit it publicly if they'd run into an insurmountable technical hurdle on starfinder starships, when that would result in basically half of their current sub base immidiately abandoning the product.

More transparency would be nice, but they are still a business, don;t expect them to cut their own throats with a transparent knife
Thrawn82 is offline   #14 Reply With Quote