Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

TerminusWolf

Old July 13th, 2016, 04:36 AM
Is there any way to make a class gain a custom ability (not a class special) at a certain level?
TerminusWolf is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old July 13th, 2016, 07:02 AM
Yes.

Reference: http://hlkitwiki.wolflair.com/index....Element_(Data))

Last edited by EightBitz; July 13th, 2016 at 07:04 AM.
EightBitz is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 13th, 2016, 07:25 AM
For a Custom ability, there are other steps required beyond the bootstrap - you need to tell the ability which class it is attached to, and which table on that class it belongs in.

To specify a class, add a tag to that bootstrap from the CustTaken group, with the Id of the class you're adding it to - CustTaken.cHelpWit for the witch, for example.

To specify the table, add a CustSpPick tag - Primary, Secondary, Tertiary, Quaternary, or Quintenary.
Mathias is online now   #3 Reply With Quote
TerminusWolf

Old July 13th, 2016, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
For a Custom ability, there are other steps required beyond the bootstrap - you need to tell the ability which class it is attached to, and which table on that class it belongs in.

To specify a class, add a tag to that bootstrap from the CustTaken group, with the Id of the class you're adding it to - CustTaken.cHelpWit for the witch, for example.

To specify the table, add a CustSpPick tag - Primary, Secondary, Tertiary, Quaternary, or Quintenary.
Thanks a ton! While that does achieve what I was going for, a selection option for a custom ability now pops up because I populated its table. Is there a tag I can use for the bootstrap to also assign a level it is supposed to be gained or maybe a way I can keep "Custom Abilities(1)" from popping up?

Last edited by TerminusWolf; July 13th, 2016 at 10:08 PM.
TerminusWolf is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
TerminusWolf

Old July 13th, 2016, 10:03 PM
After messing around in the editor for a while and browsing the forums, I was able to come up and use a simple conditional statement to automatically assign the bootstrap at a specific level:

count:Classes.XXX >= Y

This works for what I was going for but I need my custom class levels to count as another class so that the thing I grabbed from that class works and calculates properly. So my question is:

Is there an Eval Script I can use to make my custom class's levels count as another class's levels?
TerminusWolf is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 14th, 2016, 07:35 AM
Count for what purpose? Prereqs? Effective level of this custom ability?
Mathias is online now   #6 Reply With Quote
TerminusWolf

Old July 14th, 2016, 08:42 AM
The custom ability I bootstrapped requires that Im both level 1 in the class I took it from and it scales as the level of the class increases.
TerminusWolf is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 14th, 2016, 09:05 AM
Is the level scaling not working? That should be automatic, once you tell it which class it now belongs to.

Why is there a level 1 required prereq? I've never seen one of those in anything Paizo's written. Paizo loves having a classes or archetype borrow the custom abilities of other classes, so they never add prereqs that just require you to have that class to the various abilities they write.

Adding the CSCountAs.(The class's Id) tag to the class should make it count as the other class for the purpose of custom specials, but I think the first thing to check is whether a level 1 prereq is actually needed.
Mathias is online now   #8 Reply With Quote
TerminusWolf

Old July 14th, 2016, 09:20 AM
The ability Im taking is the Kineticist's Kinetic Blast or more specifically, the Electric Blast. It requires Kineticist level 1 in order to be used and taken.

Edit: I tried adding CSCountAs.Kin to my class and I can see that its active (twice to be precise) through one of the floating windows, but the Electric Blast still says "Kineticist Level 1 required for level 1 ability".

Last edited by TerminusWolf; July 14th, 2016 at 09:36 AM.
TerminusWolf is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 14th, 2016, 09:47 AM
CSCountAs.cHelpKin
Mathias is online now   #10 Reply With Quote