Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Card Vault Forums > Card Vault

Notices

sherigon

Old April 13th, 2008, 11:09 AM
I have posted on this board several times and have gotten no answers or replies from anyone.

I purchased CV when I played D&D miniatures since then I have picked up A&A minis and War at Sea neither of which is supported. I cannot write my own data files. I have tried several times and it is just beyond me.

If there was some way to create a basic file where all I would have to do is add units and information I could use that. The developers of CV should take into account that not all their users do not possess programming skills. I can enter my own units when inside the CV program but I need a "template"

Since I have not gotten a reply on this forum and CV seems to be completely dead I am left with no other option but to try and find an alternative. This is a real shame because I like CV and it's features. I have gone so far as to contact the company in person and was told to come to the forums and that they had no plans on updating CV.

I am looking for help, those of you who could support these games with files would make a lot of people in that gaming community happy.
sherigon is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
dizpatcher
Volunteer Data File Author

Old April 14th, 2008, 03:49 PM
If you have all the data from all the releases compiled somehow then I am able to make the template – I was always sort of interested in A&A but had more important things to spend money on.* Which is another way to say that my wife drew the line and I couldn’t cross it.
IF you have the data and can get it to me – all of it – then I can write the data files – template/whatever you want to call it.
I have been the Author on Lord of the Rings, Anachronism, Battlestar Galatica, and a few others I don’t remember.*
Let me see what you have and I’ll let you know.
Jim
dizpatch1@verizon.net (dizpatch1@verizon.net)
BTW I have no idea what War at Sea is.
Jim
Sent: Sunday, April 13, 2008 12:09 PM
To: cv@support.wolflair.com
Subject: Unsupported data files

I have posted on this board several times and have gotten no answers or replies from anyone.

I purchased CV when I played D&D miniatures since then I have picked up A&A minis and War at Sea neither of which is supported. I cannot write my own data files. I have tried several times and it is just beyond me.

If there was some way to create a basic file where all I would have to do is add units and information I could use that. The developers of CV should take into account that not all their users do not possess programming skills. I can enter my own units when inside the CV program but I need a "template"

Since I have not gotten a reply on this forum and CV seems to be completely dead I am left with no other option but to try and find an alternative. This is a real shame because I like CV and it's features. I have gone so far as to contact the company in person and was told to come to the forums and that they had no plans on updating CV.

I am looking for help, those of you who could support these games with files would make a lot of people in that gaming community happy.

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG.
Version: 7.5.519 / Virus Database: 269.22.13/1377 - Release Date: 4/14/2008 9:26 AM
dizpatcher is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
sherigon

Old April 14th, 2008, 04:52 PM
dizpatcher, thanks for your help. The WOTC axis and allies site has the complete data base for all the sets. It's a really thorough data base and lists all stats and special abilities for each unit as well as cost.

War at Sea is the newest addition to Axis and Allies. It adds sea battles and has been a huge success. Set II should be coming out this summer. The game has sold out of it's first print run and is about to sell out it's second. WOTC does not have a data base for War At Sea. I own a complete collection so I can compile the information that you would need.

I play the Game Mordheim and the Ab3 File allows you to add units that are not currently within the file. What I can't do is format the program to allow myself to just enter units from the authoring file. As you can tell I'm pretty lost when it comes to this programming thing. When I was talking a template I was thinking of something like the Mordheim file.
sherigon is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
dizpatcher
Volunteer Data File Author

Old April 15th, 2008, 12:47 AM
Ok.* I was able to move all the data to a spread sheet so I can sort thru it.* I’ll need some info from you about the abbreviations.*
For instance:* I don’t know what Fdef, Rdef, SS, MS, LS, MV – must be movement, LV, Com effect, Com (Communiations?) I take it that the year was the year the item came into active service.
Database will be by SET, sorted by collection info order.* This is very do-able, but will take some time – I work for a living, but once I get going I’m pretty steady at it.* I’m only working on Star Trek right now and will put it on hold.
Let’s work with just our own e-mails and we’ll get this moving.* Like I said – this will take some time.* It’s not magic, I’m not familiar with this game like I am with all the others I did, and I’ll have probably a lot of questions.
Jim
Sent: Monday, April 14, 2008 5:53 PM
To: cv@support.wolflair.com
Subject: Unsupported data files

dizpatcher, thanks for your help. The WOTC axis and allies site has the complete data base for all the sets. It's a really thorough data base and lists all stats and special abilities for each unit as well as cost.

War at Sea is the newest addition to Axis and Allies. It adds sea battles and has been a huge success. Set II should be coming out this summer. The game has sold out of it's first print run and is about to sell out it's second. WOTC does not have a data base for War At Sea. I own a complete collection so I can compile the information that you would need.

I play the Game Mordheim and the Ab3 File allows you to add units that are not currently within the file. What I can't do is format the program to allow myself to just enter units from the authoring file. As you can tell I'm pretty lost when it comes to this programming thing. When I was talking a template I was thinking of something like the Mordheim file.

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG.
Version: 7.5.519 / Virus Database: 269.22.13/1377 - Release Date: 4/14/2008 9:26 AM
dizpatcher is offline   #4 Reply With Quote