Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Farling

Old January 9th, 2019, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwacalex View Post
Thank you again

The main question that remains, if it's not meant to get re-imported does it contains the stuff needed for stories. I'll have a look at both files later on and report back.
I can't see any plot nodes in my RWoutput file, although I can see some linkage elements with a target_id called "Plot_X" (X being a number).

It looks like the RWoutput file has a reduced set of elements compared to the RWexport file.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #91 Reply With Quote
Geg

Old June 13th, 2019, 04:29 AM
Thanks for this tool

My SR5 Tumblr
German RealmWorks Community
Geg is offline   #92 Reply With Quote
Thorkull

Old July 1st, 2019, 01:13 PM
Farling, this is a great tool. I just discovered it today as I'm working on my first serious foray into setting creation with Realm Works. Thanks for the time and effort you put into it!
Thorkull is offline   #93 Reply With Quote
Grey Mage

Old October 3rd, 2019, 10:03 AM
Farling, GREAT(!) tool...

That said, what are your plans going forward for it with RW going into development suspension?
Grey Mage is offline   #94 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old October 3rd, 2019, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Mage View Post
Farling, GREAT(!) tool...

That said, what are your plans going forward for it with RW going into development suspension?
I'm still looking at getting the PDF generation and printing working more directly from the tool. Both PDF and print use the same engine inside Qt, so it is working out the best way to optimise the output.

Another aspect is whether it is worth building in any form of FTP upload capability into the tool so that the generated HTML (and associated) files will be pushed to your web site immediately. There are various issues with this, as I said elsewhere, around handling username+password for the FTP site.

There's also the chance that other people might donate their own CSS style sheets for the style of layout that they prefer for their web site. It is already possible to use your own CSS to get your topic headings, section headings, paragraphs displayed in your own desired colour and font, but there is no support within the tool - you have to manually overwrite the automatically generated CSS with your own file.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Farling is offline   #95 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old December 31st, 2019, 06:28 AM
Version 2.2 is available

This version contains initial support for generating PDF documents and direct printing.

During testing, at least one document failed to get converted, but several other large test files were generated successfully.

It seems that tables might not be perfectly formatted yet, as well as some other formatting issues.

Note that the entire RWOUTPUT file is converted into a PDF document, and the topics are ordered alphabetically (so use selective output if you only want some topics in the PDF).

Whilst links are created in the text, links within the document do not appear to actually track to the destination properly.

Farling

Farling is offline   #96 Reply With Quote
Merion

Old March 6th, 2020, 01:18 PM
Quick question:

The information from map pins is gone, right? Because it's kind of sad, if you export a topic with a map that has dozens of pins with useful information that just gets lost.
Merion is offline   #97 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old March 7th, 2020, 03:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merion View Post
Quick question:

The information from map pins is gone, right? Because it's kind of sad, if you export a topic with a map that has dozens of pins with useful information that just gets lost.
Yes, the exporter doesn't currently convert map pins.

I've added it to the to-do list, and might have a look at it in the coming weeks.

Farling

Farling is offline   #98 Reply With Quote
Merion

Old March 7th, 2020, 02:15 PM
Oh, so it isn't lost in the "compact output" process but just not implemented yet in your tool?

That's good news and makes me happy!
Only recently I started experimenting with exports and imports and as I use maps and smart images a lot, this would make my html putputs a lot more useful.
Merion is offline   #99 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old March 8th, 2020, 01:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merion View Post
Oh, so it isn't lost in the "compact output" process but just not implemented yet in your tool?
I've just had a look at the compact output file, and it does indeed contain "map_pin" elements, so it should be possible to get this into the HTML5 (XHTML) files. I just need to figure out how to code them into HTML5, allowing for the popup descriptions as well as the links to other pages/topics to work.

I don't think it will be possible for me to get them into the HTML4/PDF output since that conversion is done directly the Qt framework which most likely won't support map-pins or equivalent in the subset of HTML4 which it supports.

Farling

Farling is offline   #100 Reply With Quote