Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Hargert

Old September 26th, 2015, 11:13 AM
I have been trying to find if I can link maps to other maps? So for example if I have a world map and a pin for a kingdom when it is clicked on can it open a detailed map of the kingdom. I would assume so but want to make sure before dropping money. Thank you.
Hargert is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
B57123m

Old September 26th, 2015, 12:20 PM
From my experience, you can click on your world map, which would take you to the kingdom's page, which you could then click on the map of the kingdom. I do not believe there is a zoom-in type of usage.
B57123m is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old September 26th, 2015, 01:08 PM
There isn't a zoom in capability per se, but you can drop a pin for a region and have that pin linked to a kingdom, city, adventure area, or other place topic. That topic can have a map and that map can have pins to even more granular places.

For me, this is *almost* enough. It would be cool if I could draw a boundary to associate a pin to. I don't expect the developers to turn RW into a map tool, but being able to associate a pin to a boundary could give a zoom-like ability.

In lieu of that, I would like the ability to customize the pin color and icon so that I could use one color or icon for regions, another for cities etc. On some of my maps I have enough pins that I have to hover over them to determine exactly what they are referring to.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Hargert

Old September 26th, 2015, 03:45 PM
Thanks that will work for me. Agree that a region function would be a great addition. I am mostly looking for a tool to keep a record of adventures and locations with npcs. This looks like it can do a great job of helping keep track of things.
Hargert is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Asmo

Old September 29th, 2015, 04:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBlockHead View Post
In lieu of that, I would like the ability to customize the pin color and icon so that I could use one color or icon for regions, another for cities etc.
Yes, please!!
Asmo is offline   #5 Reply With Quote