Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Gromnar

Old December 13th, 2014, 03:13 PM
Would someone be able to help me design a custom Calendar in Realms Works? I want to use Pathfinder's Golarion, but I'm not sure where to enter this information to make any date selection in the various areas bring it up.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time!
Gromnar is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Grey Mage

Old December 13th, 2014, 03:23 PM
Calendars have yet to be implemented...

That said, I would guess by the constant posts with regard to them that they are very likely a HIGH priority for the LWD crew (or so I hope!)

Give it a month or so and check back.
Grey Mage is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old December 13th, 2014, 03:58 PM
Yes, my one "major" disappointment in a program that is otherwise making my world-building SOOO much better. I use multiple calendars in my world, including the Harptos and an Old Norse-based calendar.

Right now, for every event, I have to convert the Gregorian date into one or several of the other in-world calendars, which is inconvenient. It would be incredible to have to program support multiple calendars and display dates in time lines according to a select calendar and to be able to toggle back and forth.

I hope Grey Mage is right about LWD working to get multiple calendar support live soon, but it seems to have been discussed for some time. I'm not sure where it sits on their development roadmap.
MNBlockHead is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Grey Mage

Old December 13th, 2014, 05:20 PM
Blockhead, I completely understand.

My own campaign has always been set in the World of Greyhawk. Which has several calendars, each with their own unique eccentricities.

I am also planning on putting in the Pathfinder setting calendar just because I occasionally play both a home game in that setting as well as in PF society quests.

So yes, when the survey comes out, (multiple) calendar support will be getting my vote!
Grey Mage is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Dark Lord Galen

Old December 13th, 2014, 11:16 PM
First guys, it would help to look in the requests part of the forum here
http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=45442
Where chemlak has an exhaustive thread on the topic. Rob has responded with several details.
Chemlak n a few others (myself among them) are proud banner carriers of the calendars first brigade

@greymage
Like you I'm also probably the longest tenure Greyhawk DM here
(34 yrs play / 30.5 DM)
So am anxiously awaiting the dawn of Needfest!
DLG
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #5 Reply With Quote