Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

amz1

Old August 7th, 2017, 05:27 AM
I use Hero Lab on 2 different Mac computers and my ipad. All of my portfolios are in dropbox for ease of syncing. I typically make changes to the portfolios on any of these 3 devices (depending on which one I happen to be near when I decide to play around with character choices) but I generally use the ipad for actual game days. I've noticed that I frequently encounter error messages when I first open a portfolio on one device after having had it open on a different device. If I make any minor change to the portfolio (e.g. clicking a toggle box on), save it, quit Hero Lab, and restart Hero Lab, the error messages don't reoccur (until the next time I move between devices), so I can work around it but it is concerning. The exact error messages vary but they are all of this general variety:

Errors were encountered when loading the saved portfolio! A record of these errors can be found in the file "/var/folders/mg/4k9bh8c16jqd_l88q8g4bf5wjwk95f/T/hero_lab_load_issues.log". If you notice incorrect behaviors in your portfolio, please report it to the data file authors (you can contact them from the Help menu).

Pick 'pMPFamKick' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '358'
Pick 'pMPClDmMdf' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '358'
Pick 'p3PBloodie' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '447'
Pick 'pMPFamKick' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '471'
Pick 'pMPClDmMdf' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '471'
Pick 'p3PBloodie' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '560'

Any suggestions or thoughts about what I can do to make this behavior go away?

Thanks!
amz1 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old August 7th, 2017, 06:13 AM
Check that you have the same packages installed on all of the devices. Odds are you're missing one or two.
Minous is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
amz1

Old August 9th, 2017, 08:18 AM
Hmm, ok, how do I do that? On the IPad/Updates, I can see that I have Pathfinder Roleplaying Game 13.20 and Pathfinder Pack 1.9 installed, but where do I look for the same information on the Mac app?

Also, I have retrieved my license on all 3 devices, so my permissions for datasets should be the same on each.
amz1 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 9th, 2017, 08:23 AM
Tools...Manage Third Party Updates

And that error message isn't related to your official licenses - it's related to the user-created content you've added. You've added some user-created content on one system that you didn't add on the other.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 9th, 2017, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amz1 View Post
Hmm, ok, how do I do that? On the IPad/Updates, I can see that I have Pathfinder Roleplaying Game 13.20 and Pathfinder Pack 1.9 installed, but where do I look for the same information on the Mac app?

Also, I have retrieved my license on all 3 devices, so my permissions for datasets should be the same on each.
Your going to find your missing the Community Pack on the the computer tossing the above error.

Once you install the Pack on all your devices you will not have issues on which computer/device you open the .por file on.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
amz1

Old August 9th, 2017, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Your going to find your missing the Community Pack on the the computer tossing the above error.

Once you install the Pack on all your devices you will not have issues on which computer/device you open the .por file on.
Ok, many thanks. On both MacOS devices my 3rd party updates are: Pathfinder GM Pack 3.15, 280 files AND Pathfinder Basic Pack 3.16, 99 files. On my iPad I have Pathfinder Pack 1.9.

I'm guessing this means that I should delete the GM and Basic pack on both MacOS devices and install the Pathfinder Pack. Correct? I'll hold off doing that until I get a confirmation because I don't want to break anything.

The help is much appreciated! I'm not a techie but I love Hero Lab and find the shadowchemosh add-on is really helpful.
amz1 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 9th, 2017, 10:44 AM
Quote:
I'm guessing this means that I should delete the GM and Basic pack on both MacOS devices and install the Pathfinder Pack. Correct? I'll hold off doing that until I get a confirmation because I don't want to break anything.
Correct. All those individual Packs are gone and have been rolled up into the one Pathfinder Pack. Delete any addon with the wording of "Pack" on your Mac computer. Then do a clean fresh download of "Pathfinder Pack v1.9". Restart HL and you should now be in sync with your iPad.

The Pack FAQ#1 has info about deleting/removing addons in HL both Mac/Windows/iPad.

Quote:
The help is much appreciated! I'm not a techie but I love Hero Lab and find the shadowchemosh add-on is really helpful.
Thanks! Its nice to hear!

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
amz1

Old August 9th, 2017, 10:58 AM
Thanks - that did the trick - I thought I had already done this on all 3 devices but apparently not. Much appreciate your help!
amz1 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote