Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Under Development > Tournament Ace Discussion

Notices

Rlyehable

Old August 28th, 2010, 04:54 PM
Greetings!
Will the Tournament Ace also have a table repeat avoidance feature?
You have already stated that it will include options to avoid playing the same person in a tournament. As a miniatures war gamer (40k), I would also like to see the ability to have players avoid playing on the same table. This is one of the repeated criticisms of tournaments that often players end up playing on the same table. While not as important as avoiding playing the same player twice, it enriches tournaments if players get to play on a variety of tables (due to terrain differences).

-Bri
Rlyehable is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 31st, 2010, 11:57 PM
That's not currently being handled, but I don't think it would be horribly difficult to add. I'll put this on the todo list and see about getting it added. Note that the goal would be to minimize this occurrence - not eliminate it entirely - since the pairings would take precedence and sometimes replaying the same table won't be able to be avoided based on the pairings that result.
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
bearstrangler

Old September 6th, 2010, 06:08 AM
Hey guys this looks to shaping up like a great tool.

I would like to second the comment about tables, if you are paying to play a tourney you want to get your moneys worth so 6 fresh tables and opponents is a must.

Is tournament ace able to run stand alone as does army builder, I got the impression from the specs that it will need internet access to work. That rules it our for me as we book various venues for tournaments and internet access is rarely available.

How does TA handle entry of data, bearing in mind that as a TO you generally have 15-20 minutes to data entry and cross check all the results prior to generating a draw for the next round, historically in the software I have used this is the feature that is paid the least attention. As a TO the last thing I want is a scoring mistake but I need a fast efficient way to QA these entries

Final query, can TA handle progression leagues, eg bloodbowl tracking the progression of players, again as a commisioner of the league this would be a handy feature.

That me done question wise, it looks like a great tool for the box so far.

Cheers
bearstrangler is offline   #3 Reply With Quote