Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
phantomwhale

Old April 2nd, 2010, 12:43 PM
Dear Hero Lab support,

In an attempt to add code for "Chi Mastery" for Deadlands Reloaded, I've decided I'd need to override the default "skills" used for Super Hero powers. In the basic savage rules, these powers are based off the "SuperPower" attribute, which means they take a major advance to increase the skills as stipulated in the main rules.

But in Deadlands, these power skills are based off the Spirit Attribute, which makes it possible to advance these skills much quicker with the appropriate level of Spirit. So I copied the definitions of the "super power" skills and turned them into the "chi mastery" skills required, based off Spirit.

When I add these into the savage rules set (along with rules written by dartnet) I get errors loading the savage worlds ruleset, as obviously there are existing "super power" skills with the same ID. First thought was "change the unique IDs" on the new "chi mastery" skills. But my second thought was "Deadlands doesn't have super powers, or super power skills", so I don't want these available at all. Otherwise when I add a power to my Chi Mastery hero, they get access to both the "super power" skill for that power, and the new "Chi Mastery" sklll for that power.

Can I "override" skills ? Or is there a better approach to removing unwanted elements from the "Deadlands" herolab setup ?

Thanks,
Ben

Last edited by phantomwhale; April 2nd, 2010 at 12:51 PM.
phantomwhale is offline   #1 Reply With Quote