Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

texaspoet

Old May 23rd, 2010, 12:51 PM
I get a warning for multiple stat advances within a rank.

I chose an attribute for my Novice rank at experience 5
I chose an attribute for my Seasoned rank at experience 20
I chose an attribute for my Veteran rank at experience 40

I believe the warning first popped up when I took an attribute increase at 20 xp. This should be ok, not a warning.

Cheers!
Texaspoet
texaspoet is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
phantomwhale

Old May 23rd, 2010, 02:22 PM
Think I had a similar problem - in the end I removed all advances and put them in again (with attributes at the "right times") and finally it validated.

What was hidden to me was the order of the advances - once I'd added them they appeared alphabetically, so it was hard to see when the "one per rank" attribute advances had been taken.

More of an annoyance when creating a high-level character, where you know you want a few attribute advances. Would be good to have visibility of the advances ordering somewhere I guess - and possibly the ability to shift them up or down too ?
phantomwhale is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
texaspoet

Old May 23rd, 2010, 02:55 PM
Yep. There seems to be some ordering problem from when you buy your Attribute increase. It doesn't matter if you buy one at Novice 15xp and then again at Seasoned 20xp, but Herolab isn't doing that correctly.

I just made a new character to re-check it. Took Attribute Increase at 5 xp, and then again at 20 xp, and it gives me the multiple attribute increase within a rank warning.
texaspoet is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
texaspoet

Old June 6th, 2010, 08:06 AM
Yeah, feature request: Show the Advances by when you bought them:

Novice 5 xp:
Novice 10 xp:
Novice 15 xp:
Seasoned 20 xp:

And so on. Then allow them to be edited individually so that you don't have to kill the whole process. You can go delete your Novice 10 xp Advancement and replace it with something else that is appropriate.
texaspoet is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 15th, 2010, 04:19 PM
This bug was due to the logic overlooking that the first transition between ranks occurred between advancements #3 and #4. It's fixed in the imminent update.

All advances are shown in reverse chronological order of how they were added, so the display already offers a clear history.

Changing advancements out of order is not possible. The reason is the design of the game system. The cost of boosting a skill depends on its current rating relative to the governing attribute, so the sequence is critical. If this order dependency did not exist, advances could be re-sequenced and edited. Alas, that's not the case, so HL has to enforce the rules by tracking the explicit sequence in which advances are gained.
rob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
texaspoet

Old June 15th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Ah sweet, thanks Rob!
texaspoet is offline   #6 Reply With Quote