Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

MyLiege

Old April 10th, 2012, 01:53 PM
I was planning on running a fantasy based superheroic game. To this effect I was planning on altering the user file to eliminate modern options like assault rifles and automobiles. I would then replace these entries with setting appropriate equipment like pick-locks, prayer mats, common swords, armours, horses and the like.

The only difficulty I have is in removing the modern entries entering each individually into the "Hidden" tab is taking largely forever. I have to click on the appropriate tab, look up an entry to determine it's unique key, click back to the "hidden" tab and enter each key before beginning again. I'm not looking forward to doing this several hundred times.

Any advice on altering the database directly, perhaps in something like Excel?
MyLiege is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
MyLiege

Old April 11th, 2012, 05:05 PM
Unless someone already has a user file without all the default equipment, weapons, vehicles and HQ's?

Maybe? Perhaps?
MyLiege is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 12th, 2012, 06:12 AM
I want to say that there's a way to export that kind of data, but the closest I can think of at the moment is to create a character with all of the equipment you want and then go down the list, right clicking and copying the ID to paste into something like Notepad to paste back in for the items you want to remove. Sorry I can't be of more help.
Duggan is offline   #3 Reply With Quote