Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Chokra Broodslayer

Old May 24th, 2019, 05:53 PM
"You have tried to upgrade data from an old version of Realm Works. Realm Works is unable to automatically perform this upgrade. Please contact support to determine options available to you."

I did that a couple times back in 2013 when we upgraded one of the beta versions before the retail client released. The issue was never resolved before I went to grad school (sorry I've been away for a while but I had way too much going on for several years).

I sent the request to support again today on my new laptop -- trying to get things situated. I don't think I was ever issued a registration or CD Key for the release version after the initial beta test ended. All I can find in my records is my beta key from John Ryan and a bunch of older versions that I had downloaded and installed on my old computers.

Is there some process I need to go through to make the current release version work?

Also, is my realm I created on an online server, in the cloud, or would it have been saved on my old laptop?

There's a lot to be done for me to get back into the swing of things here.
Chokra Broodslayer is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old May 24th, 2019, 07:51 PM
So you have a very old database, one that the application can no longer automatically update. One thing you can try is this:

Close Realm Works, if it's running.
Press Win-R (or right-click the Start button and pick Run) to open the Run window.
Put "%APPDATA%\LWD Technology, Inc\" in the dialog box and press Enter. You should get an Explorer window with a folder named Realm Works.
Rename the Realm Works folder to something else.
Start Realm Works and log in when it asks. (A new Realm Works folder will be created in your Explorer window.)
Go to Realms and see what's there. If the application will let you, Sync your data from the server.
See what you've got. Hopefully you were syncing back in the day and your data is all there.

On your new computer (if it hasn't used Realm Works before) you should be able to do the same thing, but you shouldn't need to rename anything; just log in and sync.

If it's complaining when you try to sync to a new local database then you're going to need help from support, I think.

If you need help logging in, go to https://sales.lonewolfdevel.com/ and work through the login prompts there.

Last edited by Parody; May 24th, 2019 at 08:00 PM.
Parody is offline   #2 Reply With Quote