Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Pathfinder 2nd Edition

Notices

talsharien

Old September 26th, 2018, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toblakai View Post
Whose common sense? I know three people plus myself who have bought HLO, all have bought PF2 and none have bought Starfinder.
Agreed, I have purchased HLO for Pathfinder 2 and not as yet Starfinder. Thus far 3 of may players have also purchased and a 4th will be buying shortly.
talsharien is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
evdjj3j

Old September 27th, 2018, 03:56 AM
I’m done arguing, you win the internet. The Starfinder players’ grievances are valid. PF2 is being favored over Starfinder yet we paid the same price for the package and that’s the issue, doesn’t really matter which system has the most sales even though I still believe it the sysytem that is an actual finished game.
evdjj3j is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Toblakai

Old September 27th, 2018, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evdjj3j View Post
I’m done arguing, you win the internet. The Starfinder players’ grievances are valid. PF2 is being favored over Starfinder yet we paid the same price for the package and that’s the issue, doesn’t really matter which system has the most sales even though I still believe it the sysytem that is an actual finished game.
Never said your grievances weren't valid, I just disagree with your assessment that PF2 had no sales.
Toblakai is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
evdjj3j

Old September 27th, 2018, 08:24 AM
I didn’t say that.
evdjj3j is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
mithrandiryod

Old September 27th, 2018, 01:01 PM
Quote:
I don't understand why they can't comprehend the frustration being felt by those of us who use Starfinder when they devote almost all of the effort on a game that is not even out of beta. I understand that Paizo needs feedback in a timely manner but the amount of players in the playtest providing feedback that use HLO is a tiny amount.
I believe this is what was being used....and it doesn't equate with saying sales figures for PF2 are low here...though I'm sure that's what they were taking from that....

We're all a little frustrated I think...
mithrandiryod is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Lizard

Old October 7th, 2018, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Of course I can’t and you know that, but it’s common sense to assume it’s a small minority and our reason for being upset is valid.
I only purchased HLO for the PF2 Playtest feature, and the fact it's *not* being updated within a day or two of each new playtest update, so that my character is pretty much totally out of sync with the latest rules, is making me feel extremely ripped-off. I was never happy with the shift to HLO to begin with, having spent well over 200 bucks on "traditional" HL products, and now I feel my original trepidation was well justified. I have a "subscription" to a service that is becoming nigh-useless. I could be using any of several free Excel or fillable PDF sheets to better effect.

WL knew a playtest involved rapid changes in rules; if they were unwilling to dedicate the resources to keeping the online version in-sync with the playtest rules, they should not have offered it for sale.
Lizard is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
evdjj3j

Old October 7th, 2018, 08:26 AM
I’m not really sure why you quoted me. I stand by my statement that the number of playtest players using HLO is in the minority. Seems that the people in this thread don’t know the meaning of minority and are equating it with zero which is not what minority means.

BTW I totally agree with you that they shouldn’t have taken on the PF2 playtest.

HLO and HLC
32 GB iPad 5th Generation

Last edited by evdjj3j; October 8th, 2018 at 10:36 AM.
evdjj3j is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Gwydion

Old October 10th, 2018, 12:06 PM
For those who missed the update notes in the Hero Lab Online Discussion forum section or the link in Hero Lab online itself, here is what was updated with today's release:

Game mechanics changes
PF2 – Implemented the errata changes from the 1.2 errata document. (emphasis added)
PF2 – Implemented the errata changes from the 1.3 errata document, with the exception of the new multiclass archetypes. These will be added in future releases. (emphasis added)
PF2 – A new Infused Alchemical Items table has been added on the Equipment/Gear tab, so that characters can distinguish their temporary infused items from their normal alchemical items
PF2 – The Automatic Knowledge feat was not correctly recognizing Master or Legendary skills as qualifying for its Expert proficiency prereq.
PF2 – The Metamagic Channeler and Magic Sense feats were not displaying their description text correctly.
PF2 – Implemented the wizard’s Empowering Focus feat
PF2 – The prerequisites for the Tactical Debilitations and Vicious Debilitations were being displayed incorrectly
PF2 – The fly speed on a familiar was incorrectly reporting an error about the speed not having a maneuverability
Gwydion is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
MrEdaniels

Old October 11th, 2018, 07:17 AM
So, does that mean update 1.4 won’t be added soon?
MrEdaniels is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old October 11th, 2018, 09:10 AM
BJ mentioned and Rone affirmed that there are updates scheduled for the next two weeks, so I'm hopeful that we will get the rest of the update material soon.

(Of course, Update 1.5 will be out by then...)

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #20 Reply With Quote