Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

thorfin

Old September 28th, 2009, 07:21 PM
Hey guys. I recently purchased a new laptop and wanted to move my second license (or even better my primary license) to that computer. Problem is, I already have HL on the desktop and an older laptop. Any suggestions on what to do? Should I just uninstall HL from the desktop and reinstall it on the new laptop? I've already uninstalled it from the old laptop.

Thanks.
thorfin is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
flamepulse

Old October 1st, 2009, 11:35 PM
uninstal the prog on the old laptop then send an email to support@wolflair.com with your license info and explain what you are doing and they will reset the liscence, give them about 3 bussiness days, but ive done it a couple times with no issues.

Last edited by rob; October 3rd, 2009 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Swapped to the proper email to be used to avoid unnecessary spam
flamepulse is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 2nd, 2009, 07:21 AM
If it's been 120 days since you last installed the license you're trying to re-use, you don't even need to have the waiting period waived, and you can skip the email.
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 3rd, 2009, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamepulse View Post
uninstal the prog on the old laptop then send an email to *removed* with your license info and explain what you are doing and they will reset the liscence, give them about 3 bussiness days, but ive done it a couple times with no issues.
Please do NOT use the helpdesk email address for submitting support issues. Please ALWAYS use support at wolflair.com. You will get MUCH faster response if you use support instead of helpdesk.

Here's how it works. The helpdesk account is used by me for problems that Nancy can't handle readily. So those emails are assumed to have been vetted by Nancy and passed on for special handling. They often queue up for a few days before I can take a look at them between everything else I'm doing here. And if someone sends an email directly to that account for something minor, I'll usually just forward it to Nancy so she can handle it, which means it takes an extra few days to get your problem handled than if you sent it directly to support.
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
thorfin

Old October 6th, 2009, 02:22 PM
We've gotten it sorted out. Thanks for all of the help. I e-mailed the service e-mail and got some help. Thanks.
thorfin is offline   #5 Reply With Quote