Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

subfunk

Old January 9th, 2007, 07:34 PM
Hi All,

I'm working on the Intuitive Strike feat. What this feat does is replace your STR modifier with your WIS modifier when using melee weapons. For some reason, I just can't seem to get my script to evaluate correctly.

Looking through the task list, tAtkMelee is calculated Post-Attribute, order 200.

I've set my script to run Final Phase, order 250 in the hopes of getting the calculations to work right. Some interesting things are happening that I could use some advice on...

First, the scripts:

Index 1
var stbonus as number

stbonus = hero.child[aSTR].field[aNormMod].value
hero.child[Attack].field[tAtkMelee].value = hero.child[Attack].field[tAtkMelee].value - stbonus

Index 2
var wisbonus as number

wisbonus = hero.child[aWIS].field[aNormMod].value
hero.child[Attack].field[tAtkMelee].value = hero.child[Attack].field[tAtkMelee].value + wisbonus

First issue - neither script evaluates correctly. If I take out the variables and put in constants they seem to evaluate correctly. So the following would work:

hero.... = hero... + 4

but if I use
stbonus = hero....
hero.... = hero.... + strbonus

it breaks, or more correctly, everything compiles fine, splices but no changes are made to the tags.

The second issue is order of operations. The scripts should evaluate as:

tAtkMelee = BAP + (STmod - STmod) + WImod
tAtkMelee = BAP + WImod

what I end up getting is:

tAtkMelee = BAP + STmod + (-STmod + WImod)

The net effect should be a substitution, but it isn't working out that way. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Subfunk
subfunk is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 12th, 2007, 04:37 PM
This one is going to require Colen's assistance. He is the guru of all things related to the d20 data files. I'll flag this one to his attention and he'll hopefully get back to you soon.

-Rob

At 08:34 PM 1/9/2007, you wrote:

Quote:
Hi All,

I'm working on the Intuitive Strike feat. What this feat does is replace your STR modifier with your WIS modifier when using melee weapons. For some reason, I just can't seem to get my script to evaluate correctly.

Looking through the task list, tAtkMelee is calculated Post-Attribute, order 200.

I've set my script to run Final Phase, order 250 in the hopes of getting the calculations to work right. Some interesting things are happening that I could use some advice on...

First, the scripts:

Index 1
var stbonus as number

stbonus = hero.child[aSTR].field[aNormMod].value
hero.child[Attack].field[tAtkMelee].value = hero.child[Attack].field[tAtkMelee].value - stbonus

Index 2
var wisbonus as number

wisbonus = hero.child[aWIS].field[aNormMod].value
hero.child[Attack].field[tAtkMelee].value = hero.child[Attack].field[tAtkMelee].value + wisbonus

First issue - neither script evaluates correctly. If I take out the variables and put in constants they seem to evaluate correctly. So the following would work:

hero.... = hero... + 4

but if I use
stbonus = hero....
hero.... = hero.... + strbonus

it breaks, or more correctly, everything compiles fine, splices but no changes are made to the tags.

The second issue is order of operations. The scripts should evaluate as:

tAtkMelee = BAP + (STmod - STmod) + WImod
tAtkMelee = BAP + WImod

what I end up getting is:

tAtkMelee = BAP + STmod + (-STmod + WImod)

The net effect should be a substitution, but it isn't working out that way. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Subfunk
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
subfunk

Old January 12th, 2007, 07:10 PM
Excellent! Thanks...I'm looking forward to the assist.

Cheers!

Subfunk
subfunk is offline   #3 Reply With Quote