Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works in Action

Notices

Dryder

Old November 14th, 2017, 01:44 AM
Hi there!

So, many years after the KS, I finally managed to work with RW.
I have a top tier cloud service for the life of my account, so I think I am fine here. A couple of questions arose already, and I figured I ask you fine guys of these boards.

1) Do my players need to buy the Player Version, or will the infos be accessible via Internet?

2)Content Market? Is this a thing already?

3) My most urgent question:
I want to start inserting Infos into RW. I dm "Curse of the Crimson Throne". I am a bit of a loss, how to do it. Not inserting the Info, but as we will play more campaigns on Golarion (the world), I have no idea if I could just create a realm called GOLARION which I will use for all future campaign, or if a single CotCT realm would be better. What I am basicly asking is (I think) how to seperate world-infos (useable in all campaigns) from campaign-info.
I am sure somehone has made this experience and could tell me, what's the better way to approach this...

4) Thank you so much for your patience and help!
Dryder is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old November 14th, 2017, 03:02 AM
Statement: I have a top tier cloud service for the life of my account, so I think I am fine here.
Response: Cloud subscriptions have been frozen for quite some time now. Apparently they will resume around the time when the Content Market goes live, so soon most likely. A great time to have that life time sub.

1) Do my players need to buy the Player Version, or will the infos be accessible via Internet?
A) Currently yes the players need to have a copy of the Player Version in order to accessed shared info.

2) Content Market? Is this a thing already?
A) Not really but sort of yes. It's there. There are four free content packs available. It could drop tomorrow for all we know. Last info we had was it should have dropped last month from memory but they are having issues with the Paizo API system that's designed to verify pdf ownership. If you check THIS link though the community have some shared content.

3) I want to start inserting Infos into RW. I dm "Curse of the Crimson Throne". I am a bit of a loss, how to do it. Not inserting the Info, but as we will play more campaigns on Golarion (the world), I have no idea if I could just create a realm called GOLARION which I will use for all future campaign, or if a single CotCT realm would be better. What I am basicly asking is (I think) how to seperate world-infos (useable in all campaigns) from campaign-info.
I am sure somehone has made this experience and could tell me, what's the better way to approach this...
A) I would start with the Crimson Throne. Capture all the information related to Golarion as you go though and start building the information about the locations. This can then be re-used in future campaigns by simply exporting the content you want to re-use and importing it into a new realm.

4) Thank you so much for your patience and help!
You are more than welcome. Here's some more stuff to help you on your way.
Daplunk's YouTube Channel - 46 videos currently to help you learn the tool
Realm Works Facebook User Group - There are many of us hiding in this group discussing Realm Works and sometimes Hero Lab. This can be a great place to get immediate help as there's always someone on Facebook.
Realm Works Discord Server - Not hugely active but conversation does happen here. Has a screen share feature now in case you want some live help.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Asandir

Old November 14th, 2017, 04:33 AM
Wait. There's a discord server? When did I miss that?

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
Asandir is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old November 14th, 2017, 08:54 AM
Yeah someone created it a bit 2 months back and posted the link in the FB group.

CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old November 14th, 2017, 12:18 PM
Sometimes I'm the only one left on IRC

https://www.explainxkcd.com/wiki/ima.../team_chat.png

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old November 14th, 2017, 01:03 PM
Haha yeah i used IRC a bit for RW but it really is a dated technology now. I still find Facebook to be the best platform. It's where I have the more engaging conversations for sure.

CC3+ Facebook User Group

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Asandir

Old November 14th, 2017, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acenoid View Post
Sometimes I'm the only one left on IRC

https://www.explainxkcd.com/wiki/ima.../team_chat.png
I pop in periodically to the IRC. I connect and disconnect my laptop at work from it's docking station all day long so I lose connection to the IRC. So I manage to get on about once a week.

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
Asandir is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Madcap13

Old November 17th, 2017, 06:36 PM
How does someone get lifetime cloud service?
Madcap13 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Bidmaron

Old November 17th, 2017, 08:06 PM
Go back in time and sign up for the maximum level kickstarter for RealmWorks six years ago.
Bidmaron is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Madcap13

Old November 17th, 2017, 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
Go back in time and sign up for the maximum level kickstarter for RealmWorks six years ago.
Six YEARS?

Just what is the development timescale for updates? I'm not complaining, trust me, i'm not. How often do new updates come? I literally JUST GOT Realmworks, and i've seen some errors. Mostly with interfacing with Herolab in 5e D&D, Custom Language, Custom Language, Custom Language, Custom Language, No spells, no equipment, just raw stats. The statblock errors from herolab cross into Realmworks.

Like i said, i just got this, so is there a way to edit that? What languages the Jabberwock knows when i created it through monster-builder, as well as what spells the Ghostlord can cast? Is there a way i can add that stuff in? It's not much help if i still have to have all this in PDF or word document.

Last edited by Madcap13; November 17th, 2017 at 10:12 PM.
Madcap13 is offline   #10 Reply With Quote