Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Kendall-DM
Spy

Old March 12th, 2011, 08:26 AM
Ok, I've fixed up Greater Resiliency in my game to allow for a choice. So the choosing works perfectly, although in my testing I noticed that some Damage Reduction choices got the +1, and some did not. Further delving into what was going on there, I noticed that all the ones that did not change were bootstrapped xDamRd specials that had their Value set in the bootstrap. Essentially, it always resets the value to that designated Value in the bootstrap. In other words, Greater Resiliency won't work with these bootstraps. The easy fix was to use a script to #applyDR[...], then it was changable. Just an odd bit. I even tried to supercede the Value set in the bootstrap, by setting Greater Resiliency to after the bootstrap condition is set, but because the bootstrap continually runs, it continually overwrites the change.

My philosophy now, don't set any Values in the bootstrap if you can do it in a script. So DR, SR, and any other Value that can be set in the bootstrap won't accept script changes if that Value is set there. Learning new things everyday with HL...
Kendall-DM is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 12th, 2011, 01:58 PM
This comes from the fact that many of the specials that display their value in the name do a CalcValue process (which sets the Value field = to the tag value) and set the name in the same eval script. So if you add to the value field before this script, the tag value overwrites it, but if you add after the name has already been set.

2 ways to fix that. So far I have been making replacement abilities for fly/etc that split the Call CalcValue into an earlier script and then moving the name setting part into the late render phase.

Otherwise, you can run the adding script after the calcvalue and then in the same eval forcibly change the livename to reflect the new value.
Lawful_g is offline   #2 Reply With Quote