Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Taiko Warrior

Old February 7th, 2011, 07:07 AM
Hi guys:

I am brand new to HL and scripting language in general. I am trying to convert Eberron to Pathfinder. If anyone could point me to good threads that deal with this topic, I'd appreciate it.
Taiko Warrior is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
risner
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 7th, 2011, 08:26 AM
This thread you created is probably the best place.
Post the issues you are working on and people will help.
risner is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 7th, 2011, 08:52 AM
Here's the existing thread on creating the warforged race:

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthrea...ight=warforged
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old February 7th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Also if you go to cheeswesel site (link in my sig) then bottom left of page click on Hero Forge. Then click on Pathfinder. In their is a .user file I created that has the Shifter race done with a few Pathfinder changes. Their shifting works in rounds like barbarian rage.

I also did the shifter feats which are included in the .user file. Let me know if their are any issues if you try it out as that was one of my first .user files so could maybe use some work.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Taiko Warrior

Old February 7th, 2011, 04:09 PM
Thanks. I had found the warforged one. Shifter was going to be next. I think Changling should be straight forward ..... uh, easier.
Taiko Warrior is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
tatteredking

Old May 2nd, 2011, 03:38 AM
I am converting Eberron into Pathfinder. As this is no way official in any capacity, I'm using my judgement when I convert things. I've got all the races, the Artificer class, and about half the feats in so far. (For the Eberron Campaign Setting...NOT all the books.)
tatteredking is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Adam.Ormond

Old May 6th, 2011, 01:23 PM
Anyone have ideas on how to implement the Battlefist? Given that they can be found with othere enchantments, I'm leaning towards making "Battlefist" weapon that can be enchanted with a base cost of 300 GP. But this allows them to be purchased as non-magical items, which I don't like. Anyone have other ideas?

Also, anyone know if there's an official ruling on how this item is treated with respect to iterative attacks? It claims it's a weapon, but then it talks about upgrading your natural attack from a d4 to d8. Since natural attacks don't get iterative strikes, it's a bit confusing. Also, the Slam natural attack gets STR*1.5. As a weapon, it'd just be STR. Maybe it acts as both? You can Slam for 1d8+STR*1.5, or iterative strike as a Gauntlet for 1d3+STR which would provoke without Unarmed Strike feat?

My current Eberron.user file is here: http://ormond.us/HeroLab/. I've just been cherry picking stuff from the entire Eberron pantheon of books, as they occur in our campaign. At some point I'll add some info about what exactly is included in any files at this location. For now, it includes the following:

• Living Construct (Subtype)
• Warforged (Race)
• Adamantine Body [Warforged] Feat
• Warforged (Cleric Domain)
• Construct Channel (Warforged Domain power)

Last edited by Adam.Ormond; May 6th, 2011 at 01:44 PM.
Adam.Ormond is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 6th, 2011, 01:43 PM
Please remember that most of us don't own the exact same set of books that you do, and may not have that book on hand, even if we do (I own most of the Eberron books, but they're pretty buried right now).

What's a Battlefist? How does it work? What book is it in?
Mathias is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old May 6th, 2011, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam.Ormond View Post
Also, anyone know if there's an official ruling on how this item is treated with respect to iterative attacks? It claims it's a weapon, but then it talks about upgrading your natural attack from a d4 to d8. Since natural attacks don't get iterative strikes, it's a bit confusing. Also, the Slam natural attack gets STR*1.5. As a weapon, it'd just be STR. Maybe it acts as both? You can Slam for 1d8+STR*1.5, or iterative strike as a Gauntlet for 1d3+STR which would provoke without Unarmed Strike feat?
The official ruling was that it is magic item that upgrades the Warforge's slam attack. A slam attack is a natural attack and their for only ever gets a single attack roll. If used as a primary weapon it gets 1.5 on damage and if used as a secondary weapon it gets .5 damage.

The battlefist is from the Eberron Campaign Setting in the back under Wondrous items.

I would make the Battle fist a Wondrous Magic item that bootstraps the "wSlam" natural attack weapon. This way the correct str damage would get included. Also solves the issue you mention above. When they purchase the Wondrous item the Slam Attack will appear.

Then use the Helper.DamageUp to increase the size damage from 1d6 to 1d8. Then change the livename to be Battlefist.

The last part I am not sure on without checking. As a battlefist gets a +1 or greater to hit and damage. I think you may have to use a script to set that as I am not sure off the top of my head how to do that on the bootstrap itself.

P.S. - Assuming you have the warforged already with a standard 1d4 slam attack you could have a script on a Wondrous item do all the above. So this way instead of bootstrapping the wSlam the script would assign the Helper.DamageUp tag twice to the wSlam weapon that was bootstrapped by the race. The script can also give the bonus to hit and damage. You could then change the livename to be "Battlefist +X" depending on the version they purchased to make it clear on the character sheet that they have the battle fist.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.

Last edited by ShadowChemosh; May 6th, 2011 at 02:42 PM.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Adam.Ormond

Old May 6th, 2011, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Please remember that most of us don't own the exact same set of books that you do, and may not have that book on hand, even if we do (I own most of the Eberron books, but they're pretty buried right now).

What's a Battlefist? How does it work? What book is it in?
Sorry, Eberron Campaign Setting page 268.

Quote:
Battlefi st (attached component): This +1 weapon
resembles a massively oversized spiked gauntlet; one
designed for a Medium warforged looks like a gauntlet
designed for an ogre. It attaches to the arm of a warforged,
completely covering the hand. This component only
operates when attached and locked in place.
A battlefi st increases the damage dealt by the character’s
natural slam attack to 1d8 points of bludgeoning and
piercing damage (assuming a Medium character). Versions
with higher enhancement bonuses are not uncommon.
A warforged monk who uses a battlefi st deals increased
unarmed damage as though the character were one size larger
than actual, and he can add the battle fi st’s enhancement bonus
to his unarmed attack and damage rolls.
Thanks ShadowChemosh, I'll see if I can figure out how to do what you suggest. The scripting aspect of the Hero Lab system still gives me trouble. I'm still puzzling out what objects and macros are available, and how to use them.

Last edited by Adam.Ormond; May 6th, 2011 at 04:19 PM.
Adam.Ormond is offline   #10 Reply With Quote