Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Shadowrun
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Chubby Checker

Old December 6th, 2019, 10:52 AM
In HLC, it is possible to change the data files for a game system e.g. to change the statistics of items and the like or even to add new items and other things.

Is the implementation of this possibility planned for HLO, either? I have always seen this as one of the great added values of HLC compared to other (free) character building tools.

I know that there is the Permanent Adjustments tab, but that is less versatile by far than editing the actual data files.

Cheers
Ben
Chubby Checker is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Ryan F
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 6th, 2019, 11:41 AM
Hi Ben,

Access to and use of the Hero Lab Editor is indeed one of the bigger items that we have on our plate as we look forward and plan our development roadmap.

Our intention is that you will be able to add your own custom content and to have support for user-created data files. The core assumption that this set of tools and functions has been baked into the the engine and service itself. Right now though, the whole system for this is being worked out still.

While we would dearly love to be able to push out an easy to use, understand, and integrate Hero Lab Online Editor of some kind, the service is going through so many behind-the-scenes changes from week to week and the very structure of the service is evolving so quickly and often that focusing on a polished and bug-free editor for public use simply isn't something we can afford to focus our attention on yet.

Trust me when I say we want to get these things in your hands as soon as possible, we simply need to ensure we do it "the right way", especially since the Online ecosystem of how files and content is and will be shared will require a much stricter and more fastidious approach to ensuring the User Content is stable and won't contaminate existing datasets and characters versus the Hero Lab Classic Editor.

--
<support@wolflair.com>

Last edited by Ryan F; December 6th, 2019 at 12:18 PM.
Ryan F is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Chubby Checker

Old December 6th, 2019, 10:15 PM
Hi Ryan,

glad to hear it.

Cheers
Ben
Chubby Checker is offline   #3 Reply With Quote