Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - 4th Edition
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Zansha87

Old April 20th, 2011, 02:59 PM
Hi, I just purchased the license for the Authoring Kit (with Savage Lands & D&D4e as well). However, the 4e data is seriously not there. No races, classes, or what have you. None of the data for character creation is there. Even under the monsters, the data is not there. What happened? How can this be fixed? Any help or suggestions?

I ran the file that was SUPPOSED to DL files from Insider or whatever the link was, but that didn't really work. I still don't have access to the files. Did it get installed wrong or something? I REALLY don't want to input the files myself if I don't have to. My time on the terminal is a bit limited as of late. So anything anyone can suggest would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any and all sage advice.
Zansha87 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
jredmon

Old April 20th, 2011, 03:14 PM
I sent the below to Hero Lab support. There is no data with Authoring Kit like the other game systems. The downloader would have worked if Wizards had not updated it yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jredmon

Colen,

I got a DDI Insider subscription yesterday after the last Wizards update and tried to use the downloader. I got a XML parsing error when it tried to process items and was forced to exit.

Will you have to update your downloader for the recent Wizards update?

Thanks,

James

Hi James,

Thanks for your message. Wizards appears to have changed the format of the item index files in their latest update; I'm working on a new version that can read them now. Thanks for messaging me about this!
jredmon is offline   #2 Reply With Quote