Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 29th, 2012, 08:38 AM
When we're this late on Ultimate Equipment, would you rather we delayed that project by many days more in order to clear out the bug reports?

In my experience, it's more efficient to deal with bug reports in batches than to pause whatever other project I'm working on in order to fix a bug that's just been posted, and that applies to testing the reports, too. Sometimes, a report depends on a very specific set of circumstances on the character, which means they take a long time to study before we can verify that it is a bug or not. I think it's simpler to just study them during the fixing process - if you find there's something wrong, you can work on fixing it from there, and if not, you can start investigating what was misunderstood.

Would you like to see us reply "Thanks for reporting this, I've added it to the to-do list" to every post here, meaning this thread increases to 46 pages, instead of the current 23? If I see that something is obviously a rules misunderstanding or that a person isn't finding something that's already in Hero Lab, I do try to reply to those items soon after they're posted, but I don't see the point in replying to every bug report that doesn't fall into those categories, since the replies would start to look like an automated script. Once a report has been posted here, it's in the queue, and they'll be dealt with once we have the time to deal with them.

If your post is moved into the bug reports thread, it is a bug, or at a minimum, it's something I can't figure out quickly, and is worthy of further study.

In terms of posts getting lost inside the bug reports thread, take a look at page 2 of this forum. The posts there are only three days old. That's why we keep a single bug reports thread - posts move down so quickly, since there are so many other posts coming in, that if a bug report post was outside the bug reports thread, it could easily be lost on page 10 or 20 by the time we got to dealing with the bug reports - and that's when we're caught up on bug reports. Right now, while we're dealing with Paizo's late summer burst of large books, some of the posts in this thread would probably be on page 40 or 60 by now if they hadn't been moved in here.

When we do have time to deal with reports, we'll be going through them in order, so they're not going to get lost. Your original post in this thread is #149, I see.
Mathias is offline   #231
wootersl

Old August 29th, 2012, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
If your post is moved into the bug reports thread, it is a bug, or at a minimum, it's something I can't figure out quickly, and is worthy of further study.
That is the key point there. I had no idea about that, and I'm sure I'm not alone.
wootersl is offline   #232
TemporalVengeance

Old August 30th, 2012, 02:18 PM
The Multi-Armed trait states that it can only be taken by races with more than 20 Race points. However when I select the Monstrous Custom Race option (allowing for >20 Race points), it still grays/reds out the Multi-Armed trait. Am I doing something wrong/missing something, or is it a bug?

Upon further examination, this problem seems to happen with anything marked that it's for Monstrous Races, as the Multi-Armed is.

Last edited by TemporalVengeance; September 7th, 2012 at 11:03 AM. Reason: further information
TemporalVengeance is offline   #233
Talieth

Old August 30th, 2012, 02:33 PM
Half-Elf Summoner (Synthesist) lvl11 with 19 Charisma :
- I take Eldritch Heritage (Draconic)
- I take Improved Eldritch Heritage, but i can only choose the 9th level ability (Breath Weapon ), not the 3rd level ability (Dragon Resistances)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg synth.jpg (82.9 KB, 4 views)
Talieth is offline   #234
Nikmal

Old August 30th, 2012, 09:39 PM
Missing a "Coven" spell list for when Hags, witchfires and the like from a coven. When you put three hags in, they should form some sort of coven and another list of spells pop up and able to put in to use as a GM. Maybe some sort of clicky on the In play tab?
Nikmal is offline   #235
dafrca

Old August 31st, 2012, 01:28 PM
I added a Basterd Sword as a one handed weapon with a shield for my Fighter. It still shows red as the fighter not having the Exotic Weapon Feat. Yet the discription both in the core rule book and in your own product shows that if used one handed it is just a martial weapon.

Shouldn't it not show red unless I mark it being used two handed?
dafrca is offline   #236
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 31st, 2012, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dafrca View Post
I added a Basterd Sword as a one handed weapon with a shield for my Fighter. It still shows red as the fighter not having the Exotic Weapon Feat. Yet the discription both in the core rule book and in your own product shows that if used one handed it is just a martial weapon.

Shouldn't it not show red unless I mark it being used two handed?
Please re-read the text. What it says is:

"A character can use a bastard sword two-handed as a martial weapon". You're saying the opposite - that it's a martial weapon while one-handed.
Mathias is offline   #237
dafrca

Old August 31st, 2012, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Please re-read the text. What it says is:

"A character can use a bastard sword two-handed as a martial weapon". You're saying the opposite - that it's a martial weapon while one-handed.
Yep I missread the core rulebook then once I locked it in my head I kept reading it wrong. Sorry. Feel free to delete my silly post.
dafrca is offline   #238
JMD031

Old August 31st, 2012, 07:32 PM
Sythesist natural attacks are showing up as +0 instead of BAB+STR.
JMD031 is offline   #239
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 1st, 2012, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD031 View Post
Sythesist natural attacks are showing up as +0 instead of BAB+STR.
And the size of your synthesist is?

Are you wielding any manufactured weapons?
Mathias is offline   #240
Closed Thread