Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

btallon

Old February 20th, 2014, 12:15 PM
A friend of mine who is fairly new to HL recently added the Lawful G secondary downloads to his HL. He is now unable to add the Travel domain to his cleric. The existing Travel domain that he had already added is listed in the validation rules shows "This selection is not permitted". Any ideas?

I just also tried to create a new Cleric and I am not seeing Travel as a selectable domain.
btallon is offline   #211 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old February 20th, 2014, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by btallon View Post
A friend of mine who is fairly new to HL recently added the Lawful G secondary downloads to his HL. He is now unable to add the Travel domain to his cleric. The existing Travel domain that he had already added is listed in the validation rules shows "This selection is not permitted". Any ideas?

I just also tried to create a new Cleric and I am not seeing Travel as a selectable domain.
Based on your other post, I'm guessing the user files aren't compiling, which means nothing from the community set or any of your own user files are going to be available until the issue is resolved. Even one error in the user files can cause all user-created content to be unavailable. You'll need to let us know what the error is that appears when you are loading HL.
Sendric is offline   #212 Reply With Quote
btallon

Old February 21st, 2014, 09:00 AM
He is not getting any error when he loads HL, just seeing the validation warning once he opens the profile.
My computer is another story, but I do see the same validation error when I load his profile.

I do not get any errors when I load HL but when I open some of my portfolios I get a pop up window with the errors indicated in my other post. The mainly look to be related to spell objects if I am reading this correctly.

Thanks for the reply.
btallon is offline   #213 Reply With Quote
btallon

Old February 25th, 2014, 10:36 AM
Ok, of my two friends that I just introduced to HL. One has a default install, the other recently added the secondary download URL.

Default build has Travel domain available and useable.

Build with secondary downloads, Travel domain is gone and the one he already had added is marked as not permitted. The Red diamond with exclamation point indicated there are dependency errors. There are no errors displayed when launching HL.

I am not able to create a new Cleric and Travel domain, it is missing from the list.
btallon is offline   #214 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old February 25th, 2014, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by btallon View Post
Ok, of my two friends that I just introduced to HL. One has a default install, the other recently added the secondary download URL.

Default build has Travel domain available and useable.

Build with secondary downloads, Travel domain is gone and the one he already had added is marked as not permitted. The Red diamond with exclamation point indicated there are dependency errors. There are no errors displayed when launching HL.

I am not able to create a new Cleric and Travel domain, it is missing from the list.
Thanks for the report. Looks like someone replaced the original with a version from Complete Champion. You have two options. First, you can check Complete Champion as a source in your configure window. This will allow the Travel domain to appear. The other option is to open the 3.5 - Complete Champion user file in your editor and remove the source from the domain. I am going to do the latter for the community set so this issue won't happen again. This file also has the same issue with the Weather Domain. I will fix that as well, but I'll remove the Madness one since its redundant and replaced in the Spell Compendium anyway.

Last edited by Sendric; February 25th, 2014 at 10:47 AM.
Sendric is offline   #215 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old February 28th, 2014, 05:33 AM
The passion domain seems to glitch out when being used for other classes that use domain magic. Such as Domain Wizard/Sorcerer/Druid etc..

I think the issue is the Domain special "cdPasRage" that has the following code:

Code:
~ Calculate our total duration
      var level as number
      level = hero.child[cHelpClr].field[cTotalLev].value
      field[hTotal].value += level
I know that most domains are taken by clerics, but in certain situations this may cause some errors, and this might not exactly be considered a bug since it works mostly as it is supposed to.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #216 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old February 28th, 2014, 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 View Post
The passion domain seems to glitch out when being used for other classes that use domain magic. Such as Domain Wizard/Sorcerer/Druid etc..

I think the issue is the Domain special "cdPasRage" that has the following code:

Code:
~ Calculate our total duration
      var level as number
      level = hero.child[cHelpClr].field[cTotalLev].value
      field[hTotal].value += level
I know that most domains are taken by clerics, but in certain situations this may cause some errors, and this might not exactly be considered a bug since it works mostly as it is supposed to.
Ah yes. The Dragonlance data needs to be looked at. There are a number of bugs there. Also, it appears that the Class Variant Domain Granted Power doesn't allow you to choose a domain. Something else that needs to be addressed.
Sendric is offline   #217 Reply With Quote
Stormcrow

Old March 8th, 2014, 06:48 AM
The Dragon Disciple class doesn't allow you to select the class you want to add bonus spells to.
Stormcrow is offline   #218 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old March 15th, 2014, 01:48 PM
I ran across an error with the Warlock
I 'cWrlDOOLuck' is the unique id for the invocation Dark Ones Own Luck

Code:
Attempt to access field 'Value' that does not exsist for thing 'cWrlDOOLuc'
Location: 'sythesize #0' script for Dossier 'statblock' near line 293
---
TobyFox2002 is offline   #219 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old March 16th, 2014, 06:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
The Dragon Disciple class doesn't allow you to select the class you want to add bonus spells to.
Thanks. I'll check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 View Post
I ran across an error with the Warlock
I 'cWrlDOOLuck' is the unique id for the invocation Dark Ones Own Luck

Code:
---
This one as well.