Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

AndrewD2

Old August 4th, 2014, 04:55 PM
And in the editor Help->Help on using the editor will bring you to the tutorials of the editor
AndrewD2 is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Sarelth

Old August 4th, 2014, 06:29 PM
That might work, but I have no clue how to script that, so I will leave it off for the moment. Will come back when i can script better.

My next issue, Ethnicity. I have the human ethnic groups done, but I can not get them to show up on the human race. I also want to add a bonus to save via the ethnicity, which is confusing me also.

Then the ethnic groups in the original added 4 skills as Class skills, I can not find a way to do that for this, is it possible?

I have been going through the tutorials, its a bit confusing to get around in.
Sarelth is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 4th, 2014, 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarelth View Post
Thanks for the pointers on the Spell list issue, I think I will come back to that as Shadow suggests, it is not all that important at the moment and is listed as a variant ability. I want to add it eventually, but I figure move on to more basics before trying confusing things.

Working on Equipment right now.
Not a lot of new stuff from the setting really.
Main-Gauche Dagger brings up a question though. The description lists them as granted an additional +1 shield bonus if used with Two-Weapon Defense feat or when fighting defensively. Is it possible to add this modifier?
So what you need to do is put a script on the weapon at pre-levels/10000. In part of it you look to see if the Two-Weapon Defense feat is live and if so you add a bonus to it. If not live and find we are fighting defensively then we add a shield bonus on its own.

The script logic is not too bad and a good one to learn.

Here is the working script and its worth going over to see how it is done:
Pre-levels/10000:
Code:
~ set abValue to our +1 bonus
field[abValue].value += 1

~ if not equipped in main hand or off-hand get out now!
doneif (field[gIsEquip].value + field[wIs2nd].value = 0)

~ If we have the two-weapon defense feat then increase its values by +1.
If (hero.childlives[fTwoWepDef] <> 0) Then
  #value[fTwoWepDef] += field[abValue].value
  #value2[fTwoWepDef] += field[abValue].value

~ if we're fighting defensively without two-weapon defense feat
~ then give a shield bonus of +1.
Elseif (#hascondition[pstFtDefen] <> 0) then
  #applybonus[tACShield, hero.child[ArmorClass], field[abValue].value]
Endif

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Sarelth

Old August 4th, 2014, 09:32 PM
I definitely am working on figuring out the scripting, just slowly. I hope to get the hang of things before to long.

On my current problem, I have my custom human race and my custom ethinicities, but I can not get them to like each other. I used the eval script from the regular human from the core files.

Code:
      ~if we have the ISWG source enabled, we have special abilities
      if (hero.tagis[source.CSWorldGui] <> 0) then
        ~we get one ethnicity pick
        field[rGiveSpec].value = 1
        endif
my version is
Code:
      ~if we have the Birthright source enabled, we have special abilities
      if (hero.tagis[source.Birthright] <> 0) then
        ~we get one ethnicity pick
        field[rGiveSpec].value = 1
        endif
It does not work and gives me a error for the souce.Birthright, saying it is not a valid source. How do I find the correct source for that?
If I use the original script it does not work for this race either. Could it have something to do with the race being named "Human, Cerilian"?

Last edited by Sarelth; August 4th, 2014 at 09:37 PM.
Sarelth is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old August 4th, 2014, 09:57 PM
I am guessing you have to define the source before you can use it in scripts. Go to one of your custom created things, and scroll down to the bottom in the central column, click on the source button, and create that source. Reload the game system and I think your error will stop. If it does not, double check that the spelling and capitalization of the source you created matches with the spelling and capitalization your eval script uses.
Aaron is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
Sarelth

Old August 4th, 2014, 11:26 PM
Thats is what I thought also, but I have my source which is BRCS for the file on everything I have made so far, maybe that is the problem, I am not sure. Am I over using the Source info? Do I have to go somewhere special in the file to register the source? Do pigs fly upside down when they are in martian gravity boots?

While figuring that problem out I started on Deities and came across the problem of how does one set up a domain? I can't find anything on it and can not see a listing for domains anywhere, I may be blind though, its been known to happen to me..
Sarelth is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old August 4th, 2014, 11:36 PM
If your source is "BRCS", then that should be the source tag you look for in the eval script instead of "Birthright".

When you create a deity, one of the buttons in the editor is "Domains Allowed", choose the domains the god grants there.
Aaron is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
Sarelth

Old August 4th, 2014, 11:45 PM
The source id is BRCS the name is Birthright, Tried them both and some others but nothing seems to work for me.

I found the Domains allowed section, but I need to make a custom domain, it does not let me fill out the info for the ones in there, just pops in a name, nothing else. No info on domains in the tutorials that I can find. Will continue looking in the forums.
Sarelth is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old August 5th, 2014, 01:36 AM
Finding out what the source tag is
Step 1 - Develop -> Enable Data File debugging.

Step 2 - Develop -> Floating Info Windows -> Show Hero Tags

Step 3 - Scroll through the list of tags, until you get to the "source" group.

Step 4 - Character -> Configure hero and turn off all sources except your custom Birthright setting one.

Step 5 - Scroll back through the list of tags to the source group if necessary. You should be able to spot the tag id pretty easily then.

Domains
What is giving you trouble? Have you copied an existing domain and looked at that?
Aaron is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
Sarelth

Old August 5th, 2014, 03:15 AM
That shows that my source is source.BRCS which is what I am using for the script and it is not registering any ethnicities. I reset the script, got rid of other sources, fresh character, freshly opened herolab, it still says there are no choices for the Ethnicity...
Sarelth is offline   #30 Reply With Quote