Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Xorial

Old March 6th, 2014, 05:05 PM
Found a product on RPGNow that is a Hero Lab file. I was wondering if it was violating your copyright, or something to that effect.

Ponyfinder - Herolab Extension

Lo, there do I see my Father..
Lo, there do I see my Mother
And my Sisters and my Brothers..
Lo, there do I see the line
Of my people back to the beginning..
Thay do bid me to take my place among them..
In the Halls of Valhalla,
Where the Brave may live forever.
Xorial is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
MPHopcroft

Send a message via AIM to MPHopcroft Send a message via MSN to MPHopcroft Send a message via Yahoo to MPHopcroft

Old March 6th, 2014, 09:11 PM
In the pre-OGL world you would never have seen anything remotely like Ponyfinder. And that was a bad thing how, exactly?
MPHopcroft is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 7th, 2014, 01:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorial View Post
Found a product on RPGNow that is a Hero Lab file. I was wondering if it was violating your copyright, or something to that effect.

Ponyfinder - Herolab Extension
Sadly, I have no clue which Brony invented this, but I believe this falls under parody to a large extent in terms of Pathfinder, though someone might be violating my little pony copyrights...

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old March 7th, 2014, 01:43 AM
I don't believe that's a problem for us. Lots of 3rd parties make HL files to go with their books.

And MPHopcraft, cut the bronies some slack. Their not any weirder than anyone else in our hobby.
Aaron is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
MPHopcroft

Send a message via AIM to MPHopcroft Send a message via MSN to MPHopcroft Send a message via Yahoo to MPHopcroft

Old March 7th, 2014, 04:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
I don't believe that's a problem for us. Lots of 3rd parties make HL files to go with their books.

And MPHopcraft, cut the bronies some slack. Their not any weirder than anyone else in our hobby.
You are absolutely right about that. And parody/satire is hardly a bad thing. Heck, I'm going to a con in two weeks where Fallout: Equestria is a fixture.

The Pathfinder ruleset is largely open content. That in fact is the basis for its existence -- it is, after all, commonly referred to as "D&D 3.75". And you can do a lot of interesting things with Ponies. (But not that. Seriously. Please put that back. Now.)
MPHopcroft is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Asandir

Old March 8th, 2014, 08:56 AM
Silver Games LLC
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse...turers_id=5559

They ran a successful Kickstarter for this last year as well.

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
Asandir is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 8th, 2014, 10:09 AM
We encourage third party publishers and others to distribute Hero Lab data files for their products, as long as they attribute trademarks etc correctly. You can learn more here:

http://www.wolflair.com/powered_by_hero_lab.htm
Colen is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
nuku

Old March 9th, 2014, 03:22 PM
Good day one and all. Ponyfinder runs in its own universe, which has ponies in it. It is not 'MLP the RPG'. That has already been done, a lot, by a lot of people. We went for our own world with its own ups and downs. We hope you give the book a read and enjoy what you see.

David,
Silver Games LLC
nuku is offline   #8 Reply With Quote