Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Bob G

Old June 21st, 2020, 08:16 PM
I’m building a custom ability for an assassin base class called Toxins. When selected, the class gains the ability to create customized poisons. Each poison begins with a base profile that sets the values required for poisons. These base values are as follows:
Type poison (injury); Save Fortitude;
DC 10 + 1/2 assassin level + assassin’s INT bonus;
Onset immediate
Frequency 1/round for 1 round;
Effect see Table: Custom Poison Effects by Level;
Cure 1 save
Special Poisons automatically deals poison damage equal to the poison's DC – 10, divided by 2. For example, a poison with a DC of 20 would deal 5 points of poison damage. This damage is applied regardless of the results of the target’s saving throw.
Table: Custom Poison Effects by Level
Assassin level Target Attribute Ability Damage
1-2; Str, Dex, Int; 1d4
3-6; Str, Dex, Con, Int ; 1d6
7-10; All; 1d8
11-14; All; 1d10
15-18; All; 1d12
19+; All; 2d6

At 1st level, the assassin may apply 1 poison technique to her poisons. At 4th level and every four levels thereafter, the assassin may apply an additional technique to her poison, to a maximum of 6 techniques at 20th level. For example, a 4th level assassin may apply 2 techniques to her poison, and a 12th level assassin may apply 4 techniques to her poison. A poison, once created, remains potent for 1 day before losing its potency, so an assassin must prepare her poisonsevery day.

As the assassin gains levels, they gain techniques that can alter the base profile of the poison. Type of poison, save DC, onset time, duration of poison, frequency, and number of toxins that can be created per day are all examples of techniques that the assassin can choose to modify the base profile of the poison.

I created a custom special called Poisons that sets the base profile of the poison. What I need to figure out now is how to apply abilities that modify the base profile. Each technique that could be applied is tagged with an abCategory tag for filtering purposes.

I’m looking for some direction on how to best create the user interface that creates the customized poison. I think that a Configurable is probably the best way to go, but I lack enough experience with Configurables to know if it will be able to do what I want the ability to do. Can anyone provide some guidance for me?

Projects: Legendary Rogue (Legendary Games) 97.9%, Assassin (Interjection Games) 88%, Fortunate (rebuild of Luckbringer, Rite Publishing) 87.2%, Adept Godling (Super Genius Games) 73.9%, Eldritch Godling (Super Genius Games) 72.9%, Mighty Godling (Super Genius Games) 44.3%, Clever Godling (Super Genius Games) 41.2%, Legendary Cavalier (Legendary Games) 30.9%

Message me for a list of completed projects.
Visit my blog! https://gauntletsofblogrepower.blogspot.com/
Bob G is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Bob G

Old August 7th, 2020, 05:57 PM
I've looked this ability over a little bit, and think that maybe I don't need to work with a configurable in order to make it work. If I create a gear thing called gToxin, and set abValues and abTexts to equal the base profile for the assassin's toxin, then each of the toxin techniques the assassin learns can modify one of the abValues or abTexts on gToxin.

The first issue I've encountered is that the livename for gToxin is truncating, so I guess that livename has a limited number of characters. Is that true? And if so, is there a different field that I can use to show the display the full toxin profile?

Projects: Legendary Rogue (Legendary Games) 97.9%, Assassin (Interjection Games) 88%, Fortunate (rebuild of Luckbringer, Rite Publishing) 87.2%, Adept Godling (Super Genius Games) 73.9%, Eldritch Godling (Super Genius Games) 72.9%, Mighty Godling (Super Genius Games) 44.3%, Clever Godling (Super Genius Games) 41.2%, Legendary Cavalier (Legendary Games) 30.9%

Bob G is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Bob G

Old September 17th, 2020, 07:25 AM
Bumping with hopes of assistance.

Bob G is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
chriselman
Banned

Old September 22nd, 2020, 02:08 AM
Wow, that looks nice. I'm looking forward to try this in my next game if you allow me to do so?
chriselman is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Bob G

Old September 25th, 2020, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriselman View Post
Wow, that looks nice. I'm looking forward to try this in my next game if you allow me to do so?
No permission required, good sir. Enjoy!

Bob G is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Bob G

Old October 4th, 2020, 05:45 AM
I've looked at this ability a few dozen times and decided that using a configurable is the way to go. I thought that maybe if I broke this down into bite-sized chunks, I might be able to get more assistance. So here we go:

1. The class gets the Toxin technique as a secondary custom ability. This gives them the ability to create toxins with a base profile as listed in the OP.
2. The class can choose techniques as a tertiary custom ability. Techniques modify the toxin base profile in a number of different ways.
3. At 1st level, the class can choose to apply one technique to her toxin per day. This increases by 1 at 4th level and every 4 levels thereafter (i.e. 8th, 12th, etc.)

To start, I'm setting up the ability for the class to customize her toxins. I've set up a configurable that is bootstrapped when the class chooses the Toxins custom ability. In the configurable, my primary candidate expression is
Quote:
component.UserSelect & abCategory.Pois_tech & thing.user_added
I want it to filter only the toxin techniques that the class has chosen, and limit the number of selections. Instead, the configurable is returning "Nothing to choose from."

I seem to be missing a tag in my primary candidate expression, but I'm not sure what it is. Can anyone help?

Bob G is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
DeltaMasterMind

Old October 10th, 2020, 05:51 AM
So I was just browsing and when reading this I feel some of my code might help:
Quote:
<eval phase="First" priority="400" index="3"><![CDATA[ foreach pick in hero from BaseClSpec
if (eachpick.isroot <> 0) then
~ Domain Abilities
if (eachpick.root.tagexpr[component.BaseClrDom & CustSpPick.Tertiary & CustTaken.cHelpPal] <> 0) then
if (eachpick.tagis[ClSpecWhen.1] <> 0) then
perform eachpick.tagreplace[ClSpecWhen.1,ClSpecWhen.4]
if (eachpick.tagis[StandardDC.?] <> 0) then
perform eachpick.tagreplace[StandardDC.?,StandardDC.aWIS]
endif
if (eachpick.tagis[ChargeAttr.?] <> 0) then
perform eachpick.tagreplace[ChargeAttr.?,ChargeAttr.aWIS]
endif

else
perform eachpick.assign[Helper.SpcDisable]
perform eachpick.assign[Hide.All]
perform eachpick.forward[AbReplace.?]
endif
endif
endif
However the tagexpression on yours seems off like it too specific, I would drop the thing.user_added or try with a | instead of & between the thing and the rest of the string.
Looks like you will need to tagreplace alot for this to work as intended and sadly I am too rusty to just throw out some ideas.

Forum link for my content work:
Pathfinder Thread
Forum link for SU 5e content work:
5e Steven Universe Thread
This link is for my group, but feel free to play it with:
DMM 5e | "https://www.dropbox.com/s/vsd9w1eodlnwjq0/updatesDMM.xml?dl=1" Copy this link to your update manager to get updates when available.
This adds the Pisky subrace to elves from Berserk! and additional subraces for the Gem Race.
Please post comments in the provided threads above.
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #7 Reply With Quote