Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Fuzzy

Old December 29th, 2020, 05:10 PM
So, I see an announcement that HLO is going to get pf1 at some 'soon' point. But, has an editor ever been added to HLO or are you still stuck with just whatever official content you purchase?
Fuzzy is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Krothos

Old December 29th, 2020, 07:12 PM
I'd find PF1 HLO mostly useless if they don't include the editor or add options to upload customized content (i.e. SC's Community Pack). Too many bugs and errors and "overlooked" things in PF1 HLC that make this a necessity.
Krothos is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Bryligg

Old January 9th, 2021, 10:42 AM
Now that PF1e has come to HLO, can we get a definitive answer to this question? HLO would be great for my tables, but I haven't run a game without the World is Square rules or extensive implementation of SC's pack in years, and if it won't support those then nevermind.
Bryligg is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old January 9th, 2021, 11:50 AM
Asking the same question as the other...

Can we use material from the Community Package and the assorted Spheres of Power/Might packages, with Hero Lab Online?
Ualaa is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old January 10th, 2021, 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
Asking the same question as the other...

Can we use material from the Community Package and the assorted Spheres of Power/Might packages, with Hero Lab Online?
This is not available at this time.

Only the published data files have been migrated, with no option for user generated content.

You could also add the HLO questions into the new forum at http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=102

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal

Last edited by Farling; January 10th, 2021 at 02:58 AM.
Farling is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Roadie

Old January 11th, 2021, 10:52 AM
From what I understand there are two main prooblems with user content: first, that it would be very, very easy for any badly-written scripts to cause a lot of problems for the central server, since everything's running in one place, and second, that LW's staff is small enough that they don't have the manpower to test and adapt the higher-quality user content like Spheres of Might.

With that said, hopefully having PF1 running on HLO at all will help with the staffing thing, since that will give some baseline revenue that shouldn't take much manpower once the initial bugs from the conversion are worked out.
Roadie is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Fuzzy

Old January 16th, 2021, 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadie View Post
With that said, hopefully having PF1 running on HLO at all will help with the staffing thing, since that will give some baseline revenue that shouldn't take much manpower once the initial bugs from the conversion are worked out.
Pretty unlikely that this will drive very much additional revenue. There aren't very many 'new' pf1 players, and the older players, if they are the type to appreciate something like hero lab, already own classic and likely won't pay money to transition to an inferior platform that can't do what the current product can.
Fuzzy is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Bob G

Old January 26th, 2021, 11:25 AM
No editor = no HLO. Period.

Projects: Legendary Rogue (Legendary Games) 97.9%, Assassin (Interjection Games) 88%, Fortunate (rebuild of Luckbringer, Rite Publishing) 87.2%, Adept Godling (Super Genius Games) 73.9%, Eldritch Godling (Super Genius Games) 72.9%, Mighty Godling (Super Genius Games) 44.3%, Clever Godling (Super Genius Games) 41.2%, Legendary Cavalier (Legendary Games) 30.9%

Message me for a list of completed projects.
Visit my blog! https://gauntletsofblogrepower.blogspot.com/
Bob G is offline   #8 Reply With Quote