Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Bob G

Old July 18th, 2020, 10:17 PM
The feat I'm working on has the user select an energy type of either electricity or fire. What the heck should the custom expression be? Can't figure it out for the life of me.

Projects: Legendary Rogue (Legendary Games) 97.9%, Assassin (Interjection Games) 88%, Fortunate (rebuild of Luckbringer, Rite Publishing) 87.2%, Adept Godling (Super Genius Games) 73.9%, Eldritch Godling (Super Genius Games) 72.9%, Mighty Godling (Super Genius Games) 44.3%, Clever Godling (Super Genius Games) 41.2%, Legendary Cavalier (Legendary Games) 30.9%

Message me for a list of completed projects.
Visit my blog! https://gauntletsofblogrepower.blogspot.com/
Bob G is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old July 19th, 2020, 11:57 AM
What does the feat do? Can you give us the text? Depending on the desired effect, you may not need to bother with an expression at all.
TheIronGolem is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Bob G

Old July 25th, 2020, 08:36 AM
"Choose either electricity or fire. Whenever you deal damage to a creature using your painful stare, you may deal half of the damage done as damage of the chosen type (electricity or fire) instead of precision damage."

Projects: Legendary Rogue (Legendary Games) 97.9%, Assassin (Interjection Games) 88%, Fortunate (rebuild of Luckbringer, Rite Publishing) 87.2%, Adept Godling (Super Genius Games) 73.9%, Eldritch Godling (Super Genius Games) 72.9%, Mighty Godling (Super Genius Games) 44.3%, Clever Godling (Super Genius Games) 41.2%, Legendary Cavalier (Legendary Games) 30.9%

Bob G is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old July 26th, 2020, 06:58 AM
Seems like the simplest way would be to use the "Array-based Menu" button, with Fire and Electricity being the strings you type into the first two fields. If there's nothing else that needs to programmatically refer back to the choice the user makes for your feat (like checking for Weapon Focus or suchlike), that would be easiest. Expressions are for when a pick needs to be able to point at another pick to pull tags from it, modify its fields, etc. It doesn't sound like you need to do that in this case.
TheIronGolem is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Bob G

Old August 7th, 2020, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronGolem View Post
Seems like the simplest way would be to use the "Array-based Menu" button, with Fire and Electricity being the strings you type into the first two fields. If there's nothing else that needs to programmatically refer back to the choice the user makes for your feat (like checking for Weapon Focus or suchlike), that would be easiest. Expressions are for when a pick needs to be able to point at another pick to pull tags from it, modify its fields, etc. It doesn't sound like you need to do that in this case.
That did the trick, it was exactly what I needed. Thanks a million IG!

Bob G is offline   #5 Reply With Quote